Server buggy tonight?

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've been getting error for the past 20 minutes or so, getting bad redirect errors. When I try to go to the main forum page, it tries to redirect to http://gmtnation.com/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

and I get an error message either from the site or my browser saying that the redirect is bad.

And if I try to go to the community index, it tries to go to
http://gmtnation.com/forumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforumsforums

which fails.

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
It's fixed now. There is going to be a lot of work behind the scenes on the site over the next week or so. Sometimes it requires a short unplanned site closure and sometimes it causes a bug or two. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Reactions: BlazingTrails
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
No problem. Good to know. I even resorted to using IE (blech!) to be sure it wasn't my browser.

Thanks!

Edit: Went back to Firefox, had to delete all my cookies, history and cache as it was still doing it, even after restarting. All good now.

Upvote 0

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Jman423 said:
It's fixed now. There is going to be a lot of work behind the scenes on the site over the next week or so. Sometimes it requires a short unplanned site closure and sometimes it causes a bug or two. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks to y'all for keeping this place rocking! :tiphat:

Reactions: Sib and MAY03LT
Upvote 0

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
I tried to start a new topic but I'm again getting that "You must select a topic prefix to post in this forum." error message. (odd that a few minutes before, I successfully started a new topic for the control arms)

So I'll add my issue HERE.

==============================================================

(topic) Can't access home page or forums home page??

Over the last few weeks, I'm having problems when trying to go to the home page of to forums. I get this:

GMT_zps9k9pa2kn.jpg

Upvote 0

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Paul Bell said:
I tried to start a new topic but I'm again getting that "You must select a topic prefix to post in this forum." error message. (odd that a few minutes before, I successfully started a new topic for the control arms)

So I'll add my issue HERE.
I made a small change to your user profile, next time you try to make a post in a sub forum that has the option for prefixes, you should be good to go.

Paul Bell said:
(topic) Can't access home page or forums home page??

Over the last few weeks, I'm having problems when trying to go to the home page of to forums. I get this:

GMT_zps9k9pa2kn.jpg
There may have been some tinkering going on at that time. I know our original home page (portal) is now gone, and the site is supposed to redirect to the forum list page. Judging from the string in your address bar, someone may have been working on some behind the scenes stuff when you were trying to access it.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online