Resetting after battery replacement

Ireneh

Original poster
May 12, 2023
Ms
A friend of mine replaced the battery in my 2021 Chevy trailblazer ls. They mentioned I may have to reset a couple things. Now my intellibeam and lane detection are not working (only those 2 that I’ve noticed) and I’ve searched and searched on how to reset them or get them to work again with no luck. Any suggestions?

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Welcome to the forums there @Ireneh ..

Unfortunately, we might not be able to help you to much with this. The Trailblazers that we work on here on this forum, they quit producing back in 2009.

I do know there is a reset procedure for a new battery install. Your truck, being only 2 years old, I would think is still under warranty. I would check with your local GM dealer.

I will add this, I would not tell them that you installed a new battery, just tell them the 2 errors.

The reason I say this, the dealer is looking for ANY reason to screw you, and if they can trace the fault back to something that you did, installing a battery, then they are going to try to find a way to charge you for it.

Reactions: Mooseman

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area

Attachments

• GTK_2021_Chevrolet_Trailblazer_84401924_A.pdf
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 21_CHEV_WM_en_US_U_84266998C_2020JUL17_3P.pdf
    3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Your truck, being only 2 years old, I would think is still under warranty. I would check with your local GM dealer.
I had a dead battery on my 2021 Sierra last January and it was replaced at no charge under warranty. Now unless yours has miled out of warranty, you should get them to refund you for that battery and do the reset free of charge.

Reactions: Redbeard and mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online