remote start problems

i_wanna_m3

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
i also have the parking light problem, now i know how to fix that. but a problem i cant find any thing about is the remote start works perfect, the alarm works perfect but if the alarm is on and we go to start it the alarm is triggered by the door. i couldnt figure out which wire to use for dome light supervision under the rear fuse box. what i found was a gray/black but theres two of then, one in each plug on the BCM. by the way its a 2006 ext trailblazer and we are using a python 533 and GMDLBP. i didnt diode isolate the doors either, that just seemed a little to complicated for me and i figured i could just get away with using the dome light supervision.

i copied this from the other site, hopefully someone here can help

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
i_wanna_m3 said:
i also have the parking light problem, now i know how to fix that. but a problem i cant find any thing about is the remote start works perfect, the alarm works perfect but if the alarm is on and we go to start it the alarm is triggered by the door. i couldnt figure out which wire to use for dome light supervision under the rear fuse box. what i found was a gray/black but theres two of then, one in each plug on the BCM. by the way its a 2006 ext trailblazer and we are using a python 533 and GMDLBP. i didnt diode isolate the doors either, that just seemed a little to complicated for me and i figured i could just get away with using the dome light supervision.

i copied this from the other site, hopefully someone here can help

Did you find that brown wire yet?:cool:

Dome light supervision (H1/9) is a negative output. It's used (with a relay) to turn on the interior lights. Our trucks have illuminated entry so we don't need that. You've got it tied into either park switch signal or the dimmer switch reference signal. It may or may not be related to your problem, but it should be disconnected either way first. So do that first, and report your results.

The GMDLBP monitors the front doors and the liftgate. You only have to diode isolate the rear doors to the negative trigger input.

i_wanna_m3

Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
interesting.. the dome light supervision hasn't ever been hooked up to anything, so i've got another problem, i thought the alarm was triggering due to the dome light coming on during the remote start cycle. i did buy a bitwriter so maybe i can go play with some of the alarms settings and try (hopefully) to fix that. as far as the rear doors, if they dont need to be tied into the alarm i'll just leave them be till the spring when it warms up a bit... eventually i'll get this thing operating right.

would there be any benefit, besides window roll up, to swapping my module to a XK01 or XK09?

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online