rear speakers in a envoy XL

htseat2000

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
has anyone tried installing speakers in ther rear of an envoy Xl so people in 3rd row can experience the music. just curious. i know i replaced speakers all the way around with all new alpine components and a 12" kicker sub, but would be nice for people in rear to be close to speakers also.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Not in a LWB, and not for many years. Back in my nooblet days on Trailvoy, there was a member who used some PVC piping to make 5.25" forward firing speaker tube/mounts for the D pillars. This conversation did resurface from time to time, the audiophiles would say this type of setup would ruin the sound stage for the rest of the vehicle.

I considered doing something like this in my EXT, but truth be told, I've had passengers in my 3rd row seats all of 3 times in the 7 years I've owned the truck. I briefly looked at maybe putting like a 4" speaker in the side panels, just to put some highs back there, as I also have some subs. (but then I got into LEDs, and that's all she wrote...:cool:)

htseat2000

Original poster
Jan 25, 2013
Not in a LWB, and not for many years. Back in my nooblet days on Trailvoy, there was a member who used some PVC piping to make 5.25" forward firing speaker tube/mounts for the D pillars. This conversation did resurface from time to time, the audiophiles would say this type of setup would ruin the sound stage for the rest of the vehicle.

I considered doing something like this in my EXT, but truth be told, I've had passengers in my 3rd row seats all of 3 times in the 7 years I've owned the truck. I briefly looked at maybe putting like a 4" speaker in the side panels, just to put some highs back there, as I also have some subs. (but then I got into LEDs, and that's all she wrote...:cool:)
I have 4 kids so needless to say almost everytime we take the envoy, we have the kids, and they like hearing the music. yeah i am into the led's and neon too. have purple neons under the envoy, purple led's in the front vents, purple neon pedals, and purple strip around diamond plate floor mats.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdub2306

Members Online