Rear end bushings

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Anything other than the rear shock mounts that need to be replaced in the rear? Like bushings?

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you have some problem that makes you think something needs replacing? New shocks almost always come with bushings. Anti-sway bar end links OFTEN go bad and make clunk noises and need to be replaced. The five control arms (4 control arms and the panhard bar) have bushings but those hardly ever go bad.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Do you have some problem that makes you think something needs replacing? New shocks almost always come with bushings. Anti-sway bar end links OFTEN go bad and make clunk noises and need to be replaced. The five control arms (4 control arms and the panhard bar) have bushings but those hardly ever go bad.

Someone rear ended me and now it sounds like a hoopty. Still waiting on settlement money. But want to fix things before they get worse

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
How can you get settlement money without having taken it somewhere for an estimate that INCLUDES diagnosing the noise and the cost of the required parts that need replacing? :confused:

They looked at it and did a quote for six hundred. So my lawyer is taking care of everything.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
And what details did the quote include? Whoever put their hands on the truck is in a MUCH better position to diagnose it than folks like us on an internet forum that are basically blindfolded, wrapped up in mummy bandages, three layers of gloves and earplugs. If you're going to DIY, then just get down there and dirty and shake stuff around.

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
And what details did the quote include? Whoever put their hands on the truck is in a MUCH better position to diagnose it than folks like us on an internet forum that are basically blindfolded, wrapped up in mummy bandages, three layers of gloves and earplugs. If you're going to DIY, then just get down there and dirty and shake stuff around.

Ok thanks for the info.I'll look and see. I know I'll be changing the shocks. They will be here Saturday

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
warriorpluto said:
Someone rear ended me and now it sounds like a hoopty. Still waiting on settlement money. But want to fix things before they get worse

who or what is a hoopty?

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
meerschm said:
who or what is a hoopty?

ROFL!!! A hoopty is a junker that you use to get around in when you don't have anything else. Most people don't want to be seen in a hoopty, altho when I was on my ship, some guys bought a wagon from a local girl and used that as their hoopty. Talk about treating a car rough! When someone changed the oil in their good ride, that meant the hoopty got "fresh" oil! All 4 steel wheels were painted a different fluorescent color, and there were some slogans painted on 3 of the 4 sides.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
jrSS said:
Hoopty to me is an 80's Cutlass with big wheels and a s10 lift kit ......

And then there's that version!

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Thanks again for the information. I own an e46 and now I'm anal about keeping the rear end fresh. Just needed the names of the parts.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
warriorpluto said:
I own an e46 and now I'm anal about keeping the rear end fresh.
Darn you - I had no idea what an e46 was or why it was important to keep the rear end fresh. Of course I googled for it. I thought at first that it was related to this process: (Anybody who knows me should know to be VERY careful opening *my* spoiler tags)

Attachments

• anal+bleaching.jpg
    anal+bleaching.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 39

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
the roadie said:
Darn you - I had no idea what an e46 was or why it was important to keep the rear end fresh. Of course I googled for it. I thought at first that it was related to this process: (Anybody who knows me should know to be VERY careful opening *my* spoiler tags)

Lmao roadie i just fell out from that one Lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online