Rear Clanging still after Rear Endlinks and Bushings replaced

Rogue92

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Hi all,

I replaced my rear swaybar endlinks and the swaybar bushings with Moog products, hoping the rattle and clanging I heard in the back would cease. However, although it has quieted down a bit, I still hear a sound that's like two fence posts from a metal chain fence banging together when I go over bumps in the road (not the small ones, usually the medium to deep ones). What could possible be causing this sound? I cannot reproduce it when I have it parked and am shoving the rear bumper down.

It's puzzling...I'm planning on doing the front swaybar bushings next before doing end links up there since I replaced the rear endlinks for no reason...they were still good when I cut them open.

Nathan

Rogue92

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014

Einst-Hawk

Jan 31, 2014
If you are sure that the link nuts are torqued right.(74 ft-lbs) And the stabilizer bar clamp bolts are tight (52 ft-lbs). Then I would check to make sure you shock bolts are torqued correctly. (59 ft-lbs)

That should solve the banging problem. If not, post back and we'll look for other solutions

JerryIrons

Dec 20, 2011
Rogue92 put a wrench on those endlink and stabilizer nuts and see if they can be turned, that will tell you if they are loose enough to keep causing noise. You can probably do this without even jacking up the vehicle.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
When I swapped axles I thought I had all the control arm bolts tight, made a similar noise.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
a friend had clanging in the back, it was a loose panhard bar bolt. check everything

Rogue92

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Thanks for the advice, all. I haven't had time the past couple weeks to jack it up and yank on stuff to see what's loose and tighten it...brother's been home from deployment, so no time. Will let you know what I find.

Mirage

Feb 23, 2014
Had a similar noise from the rear of my tb. Found I was missing one of the rubber stoppers for the tailgate when it's closed. Replaced And never been quieter

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macicg65

Members Online