Raybestos Lower Control Arms

goose814

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
I need to replace the lower control arms on my 2003 Trailblazer EXT LS w/4.2 I-6. I am planning on using the Raybestos Professional Grade ones but can't tell from photos whether or not they have grease fittings for the ball joints or sealed ball joints. I would like to avoid having the grease fittings. The photos for the left side, #507-1592 shows a grease fitting and the right, #507-1591 shows a sealed ball joint.

Does anyone have any experience using these parts and can tell me what they actually have, sealed ball joints or grease fittings?

In addition the photos also show the left side with the bracket and bushings but the right side does not, but from my understanding it is included. I really wish they posted accurate photos of parts and not just generic ones.

Thanks for any help.

Gus

smokey262

Sep 15, 2013
Last fall when I did the lower ball joints on my truck I wanted zerks. I could not tell either, so I called Rock Auto. They said that the lower arms that have the ball joints pre-installed did not have zerks in them.

Give them a call, great folks

smt 59

I replaced mine last year using Dorman with sealed ball joints, I have not had any negative issues so far, most of the shops around here recommend this brand.

goose814

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
smokey262 said:
Last fall when I did the lower ball joints on my truck I wanted zerks. I could not tell either, so I called Rock Auto. They said that the lower arms that have the ball joints pre-installed did not have zerks in them.

Give them a call, great folks

They are good. I have ordered from them in the past. However, I did talk to them but the guy I talked to wasn't sure. I had asked about the bracket for the right side not being in the photo and whether it came with the control arm and he didn't know. He said whatever the photo shows is how the part is.

szieziel

Aug 6, 2012
I ordered the raybestos about a year ago, they had sealed ball joints and were the complete assembly - quality wise they compare favorably to the factory units

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Looked them up on RA and it's weird. Photo for left side shows blue boot and zerk, right side black boot and no zerk. The Raybestos professional balljoint on its own is blue with zerk. Something fishy here and I would expect the professional balljoint with the pro arm.

szieziel

Aug 6, 2012
If I remember correctly, the boot is not blue... there was a blue plastic cover that fit over it for shipping

goose814

Original poster
Mar 29, 2014
I ordered the left one from Rock Auto and the right from Amazon. Neither of them have grease fittings for the lower ball joint and both came with the brackets as well. Thanks for everyone's help.

And if your wondering why I ordered them from different sources. RockAuto said that if I ordered the right one from them and it didn't come with the bracket I would have to pay for the return shipping charges because there is no bracket in the picture. With Amazon, they would cover return shipping.

Up And Down

Oct 25, 2012
I wish I knew this earlier. I replaced my lower ball joints with greasable units from Moog that cost nearly as much as the Raybestos complete arms. I prefer the sealed joints as long as the quality is good seeing that I got over 150k from the factory pair.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online

No members online now.