Racing forum?

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
Maybe I'm missing it, but is their a racing or track forum here? I see an off-road forum. Nobody takes their truck to the track?

I'd like to see some pics & videos and discussion about a member's experience at the strip.

Reactions: fletch09

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
In my 9 or whatever months I've been here, I've seen reports from one, and only one, person that has taken their truck to a drag strip.

They're not exactly sports cars.

Upvote 0

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Yeah.. I've never seen a 4.2 i6 TB at a track. I believe most of the track guys are over at our sister site SSowners

Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Start some threads n if there is legit action we can provide one.

Reactions: Capote
Upvote 0

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Never felt the need to take my overweight grocery getter to the track. Doubt you will find many that do other than a random race down the road. Plus who wants to pay money to run their truck down a strip.

Upvote 0

AWD V8

Original poster
Jan 12, 2015
You guys are so,... so... so not fun!

I've taken all my trucks down the track. Doesn't matter if you win or not. It's just fun to stage and race legally against somebody.

I've even beat a few V8's in my 4.3 Jimmy :biggrin:

The local track is open several Friday nights for the "common folk" to run. 20 bucks and you often get 6 or more runs in. You walk around and look at other cars in the pits and talk to people, eat mini donuts!

Reactions: fletch09 and Mounce
Upvote 0

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
We have test and tune fridays at the local track and people run everything. Also have 300 feet dirt drags local. I might do that sometime.

I can see some fun in a bit of racing. Likely surprise some folks.

Upvote 0

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I'm waiting for Blazing to post a time or two.

:popcorn:

I have a different car that feeds my need to go fast.

Upvote 0

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
You all know I'll be at the track! But then again, I have a modded SS :rotfl:. First time in 3 yrs she'll be back on the track though. 4 motors later, she's ready for her mods again.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online