Question regarding cleaning my throttle body

MileHigh18

Original poster
Oct 10, 2013
I cleaned my throttle body yesterday on my 02 Trailblazer LT. Took it off, sprayed some CRC TB cleaner on a rag and got her spotless. While looking at it, I noticed that the nipple on the right that has the plug that you have to depress to get off was a tad dirty on the inside but I wasn't sure I could shoot some spray in there or not so I didn't. So my question is now, should I have tried to clean that out or is it fine with a slight coating of gunk? Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
WELCOME! Airflow won't be affected. No worries. Only highly OCD owners worry about detailing almost inaccessible places like that. But they also obsess over the dirt they know (especially after I remind 'em) is behind their tail lights, on top of the gas tank, and inside the dashboard. Honestly, I don't know how those folks sleep at night. :rotfl:

May 5, 2013
Nipple!!

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
the roadie said:
WELCOME! Airflow won't be affected. No worries. Only highly OCD owners worry about detailing almost inaccessible places like that. But they also obsess over the dirt they know (especially after I remind 'em) is behind their tail lights, on top of the gas tank, and inside the dashboard. Honestly, I don't know how those folks sleep at night. :rotfl:

We don't:

Example

Last night I was in bed staring at the ceiling trying to figure out a solution for putting something in the hole underneath the taillights where water and mud get spat up by the wheels.

Inert_Static

Jun 22, 2013
xtitan1 said:
We don't:

Example

Last night I was in bed staring at the ceiling trying to figure out a solution for putting something in the hole underneath the taillights where water and mud get spat up by the wheels.

That literally made me laugh out loud.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
the roadie said:

I use oxycontin, zolpidem, cyclobenzaprine, oxycodone and a sleep apnea machine. Also what ever flaver on chemo they have me on that week lol. My trucks need so much attention right now I just look out the window and frown. :frown:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online