Preview Post formatting issue

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Not a huge deal, but if I noticed it I'm sure I can't be the only one. I was posting a reply to mooseman in regard to the service manuals he has hosted on his site. When I previewed the post, the Post Preview showed the correct text, but the editing area showed an extraneous duplicated portion of one phrase. After trying to delete the duplication a few times, I realized it was just a vBulletin formatting glitch - anytime I deleted even one letter of the duplicated portion, the entire duplication would disappear only to reappear in its entirety on the next preview. See attached screenshot, look for the phrase segment "expected login and password prompt," and you should see what I mean:

Attachments

• vBulletin formatting glitch.jpg
    vBulletin formatting glitch.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 7

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Could you try another browser other than IE9? Jman (our main admin guru) has a broken finger and hasn't been posting much lately. His Google-fu way be impaired as well.

So far, you're the first report I recall.

Upvote 0

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
the roadie said:
Could you try another browser other than IE9? Jman (our main admin guru) has a broken finger and hasn't been posting much lately. His Google-fu way be impaired as well.

So far, you're the first report I recall.

Sure...I'll see if I can replicate it with something else...be a day or 3 though, cuz I doubt this is gonna cause anything to blow up anywhere and this REALLY was my day to get oriented here and get a post done about a problem or 2 that I have on the 'Voy

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I've heard of this problem before, but in a different manner. I'll look into it as soon as I can, hopefully this evening.

Upvote 0

WarGawd

Original poster
Sep 2, 2012
Jman423 said:
I've heard of this problem before, but in a different manner. I'll look into it as soon as I can, hopefully this evening.

Hey Jman -

I am replying to this post using Chrome. At the same time I wanted to add another little piece of hopefully helpful info to the original report: While replying to a different post tonite using IE9, I noticed that if IE9 was NOT in fullscreen mode the extra repeated portions didn't always happen, but when they did, it happened multiple times near the beginning of (almost?) every paragraph.

In this reply, I tried the preview several times and have not been able to replicate the problem in Chrome, seems like you and roadie may be correct about it being IE9 specific

Cheers
WarGawd

Upvote 0

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
Most of time when replying to someones post i get duplicate text. Generally the last few words at the end of a sentence. When I tried to copy and paste that duplicate text it didn't copy to the clipboard as it showed on the screen. So it's impossible to show what's going on. I use Windows 7 with IE9.

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online