Photo Contest #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Test your photo skills with GMTNations members photo contest!

submit your best picture that falls under the guidelines of the chosen topic and the agreed upon rules.

Topic:
The_roadie said:
your GMT without a single phone pole, flagpole, or sign pole in the composition.

Deadline, November 25th at 11:59 pm:

Rules:

- Each entry must be a picture taken of your General Motors Truck, taken by you or someone you know (if your driving). No one else's pictures please.

-No pictures older than 2 months. (get out, have some fun & take some great shot's)

-One entry per person, entry's may be changed but please specify your final entry.

-No post production modding to the image is allowed in this contest. only resizing and / or cropping is allowed.

-At the end of the 2 week period all images will be put into a poll with the topic.
And the GMTNation members deciding the winner.

Good luck everyone, have fun!.. :biggrin:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You can guess what part of stylish photo composition annoys me the most. :hissyfit:

Thanks, Ed - for running these!

Gerbil21

May 28, 2014
Hard to find any telephone or flag poles in a parking lot and no signs in the corner [emoji1]

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1415854615980.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1415854615980.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 56

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Topic:
The_roadie said:
your GMT without a single phone pole, flagpole, or sign pole in the composition.

Unfortunately on the left side is pole

Reactions: BlazingTrails

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
good catch. but that is a light pole.
do you not have anything better to do than look for poles in pictures ????????
since it is a type of pole, but not in the list, I'll will let Roadie call foul or no foul.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Nothing "offroad" about topic either. Could just as easy be in front of building or wall or something....:wink:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I got confused by some of the entries, I know what roadie said, but it took me a while to find the poles and what not...

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
fletch09 said:
are you on one of those devices not seeing the purple text?
true nothing "offroad" about the topic,
was just being a smartass since Blazing and I were not technically on the road.
I was thinking you meant 3rd topic in a row...not his, mine and your pics. I did miss the purple in quick reading. I just happened to have the pole catch my peripheral and figured I would make you take another sweet pic. It was also an easy way to throw out some ideas for those that thought it might of needed to be a rural or outdoor pick.

Capote said:
I got confused by some of the entries, I know what roadie said, but it took me a while to find the poles and what not...
I do not understand how the entries confused you or what poles you found? We all made sure not to have poles as the topic asked.

I just caught a lil background one on Fletch's but it REALLY should not have confused you since I circled it.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I read the entry criteria wrong....my mistake. Was hard to read on my phone..

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Ahh

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Capote said:
I read the entry criteria wrong....my mistake. Was hard to read on my phone..
your not alone, i too, had to re-read the topic.
but not very well, since HARDTRAILZ found a post in mine :biggrin:

Reactions: Capote

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
I meant, but failed to say, no poles of any sort, where phone, flag, and sign were three examples of the unwanted poles. So a lamp pole could be argued to be within the letter, but not the spirit, of the contest. What kills me is pics that have a pole growing out of the vehicle's roof. That's just careless composition I'm trying to get people to really look at and avoid.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
The_Roadie said:
I meant, but failed to say, no poles of any sort, where phone, flag, and sign were three examples of the unwanted poles. So a lamp pole could be argued to be within the letter, but not the spirit, of the contest. What kills me is pics that have a pole growing out of the vehicle's roof. That's just careless composition I'm trying to get people to really look at and avoid.
fair enough.
fixed.
final entry.

Attachments

• gmt photo cont.31 016.jpg
    gmt photo cont.31 016.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 33

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Eh I'll give it a go