o2 sensors..engine shaky

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
The Tb started up very shaky and bad idle this morning. No codes. o2 sensor readings show one sensor steady and increases as engine temp rises, the other sensor is up and down from .038 to .959 and the loop opens closes faster as engine rpm increases. The TB was cleaned 20-30k ago. How often to do you folks clean your Tbodies and do the o2 sensors seems correct? Also about sensors delco or bosch...i read alot about using the delcos. Thanx, just trying to figure out the rough idle that went away with a warmer engine temp.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
I clean my throttle body every other oil change, so about every 15k. I can't give you feedback on your sensor readings, but it is very important to use OEM/ACDelco O2 sensors. It is recommended that both be changed @ 100k regardless of any check engine codes.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Your sensors seem fine, and your throttle body shouldn't be the problem. I'd check for a vacuum leak or loose intake manifold bolts, and suspect the plugs. Need more data on mileage and state of the plugs.

Dies the idle roughness go away in neutral and seem worse in drive when its cold?

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
actually after driving it a little more it finally settled into a trouble code of my #4 coil again...just replaced it 18 months ago. all fixed and cleaned the TB anyway...

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
#4 is the one that gets dripped on a lot by hood water. There was a TSB and some discussion here and at trailvoy about adding better sealing at the rear edge of the hood. Are you parking outside a lot?

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
hey roadie,

parked in garage all the time and parked outside at work. but, the coil that i replaced was a autozone "wells" brand, so that could be why it failed so soon instead of a delco or standard brand.

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
i dont know, its a duralast coil and people say its repackaged Wells or Bremli.....i dont have the box or the old coil. My guess is i will not buy anymore ignition parts from the azone...just keep with delco

dla442

Original poster
Mar 31, 2012
grand rapids, mi
As ar as the O2 sensors, I'll probably replace them soon. Accesible with a normal wrench or have to use a sensor socket wrench? Roadie, the plug have been replaced at 80k and now TB sits on 114k. She runs great, I have always been a little disappointed at the 14mpg status vs our older TB. I know this one is geared a bit hotter than are older one.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online