No heat in front, lots in back

PCPBrad

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
Good day, I hope someone can help me with this problem I am having with my Trailblazer. My rear heat works fine but there is nothing coming from the front in any setting. Not so much as enough breeze from any vent to blow out a match. The rear heat is enough to warm the cabin if I let it sit running long enough (or command start it a dozen times) but when I drive, my breath fogs the windshield so I can't go too far. I want to explore any options that doesn't require a $1000 trip to the mechanic first like fuses, something disconnected etc.

It's an '06 TB EXT LS 4.2L 4x4 with the dual zone if that helps. Thanks.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Welcome!

What you're describing sounds like a lack of a functional BLOWER fan, not "heat". Can you confirm you hear no different sound no matter what speed you put the blower at?

And they actually all have two zone controls, the difference (which also affects the parts youhave to buy to fix the blower control) is wherhte they are automatic/digital controls or manual.

freddyboy61

Dec 4, 2011
Does your blower fan in front work at any speed setting? If not, check fuse #35 in underhood fuse panel and fuse #44 in rear fuse panel. Problem could also be a bad blower motor, bad resistor pack or damaged connector to resistor pack.

If the fan is working and you have no heat, you could have a stuck blend door or bad door actuator.

Roadie beat me to the reply.

PCPBrad

Original poster
Apr 26, 2012
No noise or air movement in any setting or temp from the front vents. Rear vents blow fine. It's the manual system with 2 temp controls that slide up/down the middle of the control panel. Rear controls are activated by a dial on the driver side front console and also on the console in front of the middle row center seat.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online