New to the forum/ my voy

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Ryda55555 said:
Heres a picture of what the grille looks like without the logo and without a roof rack or side mouldings and painted headlights

Yeah your right the front end does look empty. I would think a buffer wheel would not work. The 3m eraser wheel is literally like an eraser on a pencil. Its just an attachment for a drill. It runs about $30.00. Its great for removing pin stripes as well.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
jrSS said:
Wheels look ok...but definitely better ones out there...over all I like the look. Needs to be lower tho.

Yea not a big fan of that one either im just using it as a reference to everyone saying to take off the roof racks, moulding, and painted headlights

What i need more than lowering it is funds in my wallet :raspberry:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
dmanns67 said:
Yeah your right the front end does look empty. I would think a buffer wheel would not work. The 3m eraser wheel is literally like an eraser on a pencil. Its just an attachment for a drill. It runs about $30.00. Its great for removing pin stripes as well.

Okay i'll keep a look out for one, thanks :smile:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
this was originally posted by fr34kout and i saw it as a repost from jimmyjim but all i can say is wow..........

Attachments

• 20130330_161125_zps96e1e6ac (1).jpg
    20130330_161125_zps96e1e6ac (1).jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 12

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Looks great!
But im gonna wait till summer to take the mouldings off.. I took off the silver parts while it was cold and i had blisters on blisters lool
Only thing im worried about is i go to college and people dont care about their cars (door dings like nooo tomorrow)

Trust me I was on the same boat because there are a ton of stupid people at my school that can't park worth a shit! but I said screw it and removed them and glad I did, what a difference and so much nicer and smoother! All I have to say if I see a ding whoever is on that side will get it from me lol :smiley_kill:

Ryda55555 said:
Just went to 7/11 to get some junk food and a iced coffee and the grille makes the front end more aggressive and less mini van :biggrin:

These truck looks nothing close to a mini van lol

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
Trust me I was on the same boat because there are a ton of stupid people at my school that can't park worth a shit! but I said screw it and removed them and glad I did, what a difference and so much nicer and smoother! All I have to say if I see a ding whoever is on that side will get it from me lol :smiley_kill:

These truck looks nothing close to a mini van lol

Hahaha one day during class my buddys truck got his whole front bumper scrapped by a bright blue car pretty bad.... The funny thing was the bright blue kia still parked right beside him after LOL we waited till the other guy came out of class to confront him but he got angry at us cause his side of his car was all scratched and he thought my friend hit him..... Hahaha so until august when my course is finished i'll keep my mouldings on juuuust in case hahahaha

For some reason the front end with the stock grille always reminded me of a dodge caravan, even the new acadia is soo round, it looks like a turtle head but thats just my .02 lol

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Just cleaned the Envoy and got all the road grime off the rockers and rub strips. When your sitting with them at eye level you see every chip from other car doors. I don't want to imagine what the sheet metal would look like if I took them off.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Mark20 said:
Just cleaned the Envoy and got all the road grime off the rockers and rub strips. When your sitting with them at eye level you see every chip from other car doors. I don't want to imagine what the sheet metal would look like if I took them off.

Exactly what im scared of, if it wasnt for that they would have been off a long time ago

- - - Updated - - -

djthumper said:

Thank you :smile:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I realized i dont have a good picture of the rear of my voy so i took a quick one while it was still bright out

And a pic of my interior

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 6

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Hahaha one day during class my buddys truck got his whole front bumper scrapped by a bright blue car pretty bad.... The funny thing was the bright blue kia still parked right beside him after LOL we waited till the other guy came out of class to confront him but he got angry at us cause his side of his car was all scratched and he thought my friend hit him..... Hahaha so until august when my course is finished i'll keep my mouldings on juuuust in case hahahaha

For some reason the front end with the stock grille always reminded me of a dodge caravan, even the new acadia is soo round, it looks like a turtle head but thats just my .02 lol

Oh man funny you say this, I was walking out of class once going to my car and there was a envoy with the same color as mine and rims everything with the moldings etc (before my mods) and the WHOLE front end was banded up and the grill was missing! I flipped a shit wondering wtf happened to my car and come to find out it wasn't mine and mine was just a few down loll kinda sucked because I was with some girl and she saw me freak out haha

I am sure no one had more dings on there moldings as me and I have been fine so far (knock on wood)! Just be smart when parking and hope for the best lol but its your truck and don't blame you for caring! People as school suck for sure!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Welcome and nice Envoy!

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
Oh man funny you say this, I was walking out of class once going to my car and there was a envoy with the same color as mine and rims everything with the moldings etc (before my mods) and the WHOLE front end was banded up and the grill was missing! I flipped a shit wondering wtf happened to my car and come to find out it wasn't mine and mine was just a few down loll kinda sucked because I was with some girl and she saw me freak out haha

I am sure no one had more dings on there moldings as me and I have been fine so far (knock on wood)! Just be smart when parking and hope for the best lol but its your truck and don't blame you for caring! People as school suck for sure!

Speaking of envoys with no grilles... One of the teachers have a slt envoy thats black just like mine but has the factory chrome polished rims well anyways he has no grille, his running boards are useless because the plastic covers are lifted off, and the best part is the front bumper is held on by wires and zip ties
If he's there on monday i'll take a pic and post it :tongue:
It boggles my mind how people dont care about their vehicles enough to fix it decently, for me the shinier and more mint my truck is in the more i admire it and want to drive it :tongue:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Or ignoring the CEL thinking they're saving money but in the end they destroy other parts and the fix ends up being way more $$$.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
Speaking of envoys with no grilles... One of the teachers have a slt envoy thats black just like mine but has the factory chrome polished rims well anyways he has no grille, his running boards are useless because the plastic covers are lifted off, and the best part is the front bumper is held on by wires and zip ties
If he's there on monday i'll take a pic and post it :tongue:
It boggles my mind how people dont care about their vehicles enough to fix it decently, for me the shinier and more mint my truck is in the more i admire it and want to drive it :tongue:

Oh yeah I have seen people with missing bumpers and windows lol if its a old car then I understand its not worth fixing something that cost more then the car itself but the envoy isn't that bad, worth fixing lol I mean this could be the case for him, for al you know he could have a brand new audi tomorrow of something lol

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
The more i look at Envoys the more i want to pick one up eventually after my TB is paid off.

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Yep people like that wonder why their cars break down or have major problems and costing them money, i bought my truck from a drug dealer in october for $4,400 e-tested and safetied with 206,000kms which is 127,926miles. Only thing i really needed to fix was the blend door actuator motor and rear sway bar links lol everything else i just changed cause i wanted to (brakes,rotors,shocks, muffler, spark plugs, fan belt, new wheels etc.) just to get it into tip top shape so i dont have to worry about it.
Cars dont really cut it in winter in toronto lol i mean i havent seen an audi get stuck yet but AWD BMWs get stuck and cant make it up little hills up here
If i can keep my voy for as long as i can i will, even if it ends up as just a winter truck or a family/friend transporter i still love it haha i had a choice between my voy, a 03 TB, a 05 jeep grand cherokee and a 04 range rover and i first i really wanted to get the range because its a RANGE ROVER but the deal on the voy was too good to let up and i havent looked back since

Darkrider_ls - if you can find a good deal on a envoy then take it, its not that big of a difference compared to the TB but if you like your trailblazer and want something that feels the same but looks different then go ahead :smile: plus slowly but surely more and more mods/upgrades are becoming available

But i went from a 1999 rav4 to a 2004 envoy slt so the huge jump made me appreciate my voy that much more lol btw i didnt want a black envoy because the rav4 was black on black and i wanted something different but i guess it was just meant to be lool

Heres pics of my rav4 when i first got it and when i sold it, and the voy when i first bought it after i painted the grille cause it was an aftermarket all chrome one but you all know what it looks like now :smile:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 7
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 54
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 8
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 9

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
Darkrider_ls - if you can find a good deal on a envoy then take it, its not that big of a difference compared to the TB but if you like your trailblazer and want something that feels the same but looks different then go ahead :smile: plus slowly but surely more and more mods/upgrades are becoming available

I love the TB but i have a feeling that over the next couple years or so its going to become more and more off road oriented alongside the two GMC Sierras i have currently. I keep seeing more and more Envoy XLs around here and like the look of them. Ideally i would like to find an XL with a V8 in it and keep it more for street use while the TB sees off road.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Your upgrade was big enough to be worth jumping on. This voy is my first car but I plan within the year to have a new car for sure. Either a german car or a cts performance something like that. This car isnt luxury enough for me and very basic. Not bad on speed but I want more :smile:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Darkrider_LS said:
I love the TB but i have a feeling that over the next couple years or so its going to become more and more off road oriented alongside the two GMC Sierras i have currently. I keep seeing more and more Envoy XLs around here and like the look of them. Ideally i would like to find an XL with a V8 in it and keep it more for street use while the TB sees off road.

Yea, envoys are more of a luxury based suv compared to the trailblazer especially the denalis but dont get me wrong theres a lot of very nice "trail"envoys lol but for some reason the XLs look too narrow to me

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
Your upgrade was big enough to be worth jumping on. This voy is my first car but I plan within the year to have a new car for sure. Either a german car or a cts performance something like that. This car isnt luxury enough for me and very basic. Not bad on speed but I want more :smile:

Denali!!!!!!!! Hahahaha 5.3 with plenty of upgrades and a very nice interior, what more could you ask for? :rotfl:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
haha the cars I am looking for have way more to offer :yes:

NinjuhhNutz

Oct 15, 2012
I've never been much of a "luxury" kinda guy. I'm sure that'll change with a family, but for now (and years to come haha) I'll take my TB with the things here n there I'm doing to it, along with the project camaro my father and I are about to start on :yes:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
haha the cars I am looking for have way more to offer :yes:

We'll be waiting for you when you decide to switch back :rotfl: JK you'll prolly love your new car :smile:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
We'll be waiting for you when you decide to switch back :rotfl: JK you'll prolly love your new car :smile:

loll voy will stay in the family, my dad will get it so its still here :thumbsup:

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
I was going to plastidip my rims and headlights next week but i wanted to do a quick photoshop to see if i like it but im stuck in the middle of what i want, wondering if you guys could help me decide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 4

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Ryda55555 said:
I was going to plastidip my rims and headlights next week but i wanted to do a quick photoshop to see if i like it but im stuck in the middle of what i want, wondering if you guys could help me decide

I prefer the Denali rims as they are, nice n shiny, yours look to be in pretty good shape too!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I would do it! Doesn't look bad! If you don't like it peel it :biggrin: Nice part of plasti dip. All the black will blend in more. Another thing you can do is leave the headlights alone, and leave the lip of the rims chrome so it gives it a break between the colors and doesn't look like spare tires you know!

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
I would do it! Doesn't look bad! If you don't like it peel it :biggrin: Nice part of plasti dip. All the black will blend in more. Another thing you can do is leave the headlights alone, and leave the lip of the rims chrome so it gives it a break between the colors and doesn't look like spare tires you know!

I have an extra can at home, imma do 1 rim tomorrow and see how it looks, i just dont wanna spend $24.99 on each can to do something i wont like lol

And my denali rims have a bit of corrosion from the winter salt, i've tried buffing them but theres still discoloration

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
I have an extra can at home, imma do 1 rim tomorrow and see how it looks, i just dont wanna spend $24.99 on each can to do something i wont like lol

And my denali rims have a bit of corrosion from the winter salt, i've tried buffing them but theres still discoloration

whoa $25 a can? There $5-$6 here lol huge difference! I can do all my rims for that $25 lol

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
whoa $25 a can? There $5-$6 here lol huge difference! I can do all my rims for that $25 lol

I know its baaaaad lol could be cheaper to order from the states and pay shipping and handling lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 4

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:

Lol, and if us Canadians want beer as well after doing this then you can add another $25.95 for 15 reg size Bud cans :crazy:, everything here is priced so much more than in the US :hissyfit:. I wish I lived in Kitchener Ontario USA

Ryda55555

Original poster
Apr 11, 2013
Denali n DOO said:
Lol, and if us Canadians want beer as well after doing this then you can add another $25.95 for 15 reg size Bud cans :crazy:, everything here is priced so much more than in the US :hissyfit:. I wish I lived in Kitchener Ontario USA

Tell me about it lol i went to the bar yesterday to have a few drinks with some buddys and i paid $9 a pint of stella... I had 4 and realized i spent $40 on nothing lol good thing it was $4 rum and coke night :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

NinjuhhNutz said:
I wonder if shipping from an online purchase would be any cheaper than someone from gmtn picking a few cans up and sending it to you??
Pssshhhh lol I'm all abt saving money lol teamwork!!!

Hahahahaha i'll keep that in mind:thumbsup: thanks lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evenson1

Members Online