New Battery

zapo1

Original poster
Aug 19, 2012
I'm due for a replacement Ascender I6. It's not holding a charge as well anymore (it's like 5 years old). Anyone have recommendations on good brands?:confused:

NewfieEnvoy

Jan 25, 2012
No sweat. As you can see I had the same question and ended up with a lot of good responses. In the end my choice was Costco's Kirkland brand. There doesn't seem to be any better value for the quality.

C-ya

Aug 24, 2012
Duralast Gold from Auto Zone is the only battery I buy. 8 year warranty, 3 yrs 100%, 5 years pro-rated. Just changed a Wally World battery that was 3 years old in the TB, but I didn't bother going back to them. I have had decent luck with the OEM AC Delco's in my GMC truck and the wife's Impala, but when the were replaced, DL Gold's went in. I had one AC Delco fail 366 days after I purchased the vehicle new. Guess how long the warranty is? Yep, 365 days. I put a DL Gold in it (in FL) and sold a vehicle in MI 8 years later with that battery in it. In between living in FL heat and ME and MI winters, it started the 4-banger and later a small block Chevy after I did a swap. My mother-in-law's Highlander needed a battery this a.m. (ongoing issue that we decided to quit dealing with), and I sent her to AZ to get a DL Gold.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online

No members online now.