Need hptuners 3.x tune file

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Does anyone here have an stock or slightly modified tune file for an 2007 trailblazer 4.2? I need it for hptuners any version that's not 4.0+. I was trying to tune and it soft bricked my ecm with an timeout on 4.0 so I want to try version 3.7 of hptuners I have instead

• Wow
Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Although I have HPT and a 2007 TB, I don't have a copy of either the original tune file or the current tuned file (by Limeswap). I could try to download it from my truck. I haven't updated HPT in a long time so it's likely an older version I have.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Nix that. I have an HPVI2 and it doesn't work with older versions of the VCM suite. I currently have version 5.0.4

Maybe @limequat could help you as he's been tuning these things since forever.

Or maybe this is your issue?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Also found this site:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
You also might want to PM @gmcman and see what he has discovered after this Thread was posted:

Reactions: warriorpluto

warriorpluto

Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
Also found this site:

Thanks a lot moose man. What I end up doing was rolling back the firmware on my mpvi2 now I can use 3.7 again. Hptuners forces an update on anything newer than 4.0.8 even if it's not connected to the Internet. They try everything to block older versions because of an hack by a Chinese guy for unlimited credits back in 2018. Very nice to have lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online