Need Help designing an OCC

Default User

Original poster
Dec 19, 2012
Wasn't sure where to put this.

I'm looking at designing and building an oil catch can for the DI engine on my Terrain.

I've googled some ideas but but not sure how far and how long they've actually lasted. (Notice nobody posts a 1-year later follow up on their DIY Home Depot builds. I worry about the oil/fuel mixture into a plastic container. LOL)

Wondering if anybody here has done one or has one and can show me a pic or walk through of their design, placements, and let me know the "if I had to do it all over again" redesign info.

Much appreciated.

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
my only advice is on the placement; on a v6 or v8 there is one breather on each valve head. one attaches to the intake, past the throttle body, which is under vacuum, and the other before the throttle but after the MAF. this air pressure here is lower than the intake manifold so it generally pulls air before the throttle and exhaust into the intake manifold, so you want to attach the catch can to the first hose i mentioned that connects to the intake manifold. on a v8 is is the driver side head, no idea how the pcv is routed on your engine

plenty of cheap metal catch cans available on ebay, probably cheaper than getting an oil separator from homedepot and the requisite hose barb fittings

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online