Mystery transmission leak - 2006 Saab 9-7x 4.2i

Berns

Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Hello All,

After researching on this site and trailvoy, I still cannot determine what the heck is causing my transmission to leak when it sits 1-2 wks without driving it.

I have checked the sensor at the top of the pan, replaced the gasket with an OEM, and have inspected cooler lines and even dipstick seal for any leaks.

When I drive it constantly, it will not leak but as soon as I let is sit a wk, I end up with a puddle of red transmission fluid and the pan soaked.

Again, I plan to remove the pan and replace it with a new one that has a drain plug along with dipstick seal just to make sure it is not the pan that is warped to the point it is not sealing correctly but before I perform any repairs, has anyone experience the issue about leaks when truck is left sitting for a wk or more?

Anything else that I might be missing or should look at?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The only other seal I can think of is the one for the wiring connector going onto the tranny. There's also the input shaft seal bit that would be pretty evident it's coming from there.

Berns

Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
The only other seal I can think of is the one for the wiring connector going onto the tranny. There's also the input shaft seal bit that would be pretty evident it's coming from there.
Is the connector a replaceable part? Checked front of tranny and popped the plugs and no leaks. Looks to be coming from above the pan. Dropping in some UV dye to trace it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It should be replaceable. Couldn't find it on RA. Dealer should have it. IIRC, it comes with the internal wiring to the solenoids and sensors so if you're going to replace it, do it at the same time as the pan.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online