My performance end link and sway bushing thread

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
My front end links were trashed, so I decided it was time. I still gotta do the rears, but today was a pain enough.
I used Suspension maxx links and prothane bushings.
The front oem end links wouldn't come out with an impact, they turned into the ball socket itself, even with a puller holding them.... Eventually we cut them off and pneumatic hammered them out. Install was easy.
Bushings were a pain and took some time due to the tightness. But a little coercing and they go. I used an impact and alignment rack to do everything.

My thoughts?
Big difference. Much stiffer, much less body rolling and more positive at 100+. Can't wait to do the rear!
Anyone needing to do end links, buy the maxx units!

- - - Updated - - -

http://s168.photobucket.com/albums/u191/itsabimmerthing/?action=view&current=WP_000396.jpg&evt=user_media_share

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
There is nothing else like the smaxx links. They are more expensive, but worth it. All other links available are designed like the OEM ones.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
tblazerdude said:
There is nothing else like the smaxx links. They are more expensive, but worth it. All other links available are designed like the OEM ones.

Eh not quite, Ive got some made by a member on TBSSOwners.com that share nothing in common except the length with the OEM links.

Ive looked at the smaxx links and Ive seen too many posts about them failing on here, TrailVoy, and OffroadTB. Just my .02, if they work for you then thats awesome! Also Energy Suspension's generic endlinks work with our trucks too, Im going to get a set of longer links for my 02. Already broke a stock style one with the 3" lift, need longer endlinks!

matts04tbls

Original poster
Oct 28, 2012
Mine have been fantastic!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
filthycasual

Members Online

No members online now.