My Nikon

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Im just going to make a thread of some what I think are the cool pictures im getting with my new camera.

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Nice.

what kind of camera did you get?

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
a Nikon D3100 just the entry level SLR using the VR Lense 18-55mm it came with

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
That is a nice camera.

I picked up a D40x, the day before a trip to Alaska. read the book on the plane.

a few years later, learned that they do not like to be dropped any distance. keep a hand on that strap.

I dropped the original zoom from my lap in a rental car to the parking lot, trashed the lens.

later my wife bumped and dropped it about a foot with a larger telephoto on, and cracked the lcd screen and glass on the back. was able to replace it, but was a task.

here is my favorite non-granddaughter photo. from a canoe in Mason Neck VA.

View attachment 27591

there seem to be two schools of thought, set up the photo carefully, or take a lot and sort them out later. both ways are fun.

Hope it gives you years of joy and plenty of good photos to look back on.

Attachments

• what moon.jpg
    what moon.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 7

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
So, for those nice nightime shots, did you use a tripod, or set it on something?

STLtrailbSS

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
meerschm said:
So, for those nice nightime shots, did you use a tripod, or set it on something?

Set on whatever I could find lol iPhone used to raise camera level. just messing with shutter tilli get the look I want I really like the over exposed train shot that technique seems to only work in LOW and Far light situations. Took this one last night
View attachment 27655

Day pictures bore me at the moment.
View attachment 27671

Attachments

• DSC_0094.jpg
    DSC_0094.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IHNIWIAD.jpg
    IHNIWIAD.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 55

Forum Statistics

Threads