My Accident

framedforlife

Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
Believe this or not I was hit from another vehicle doing about 10-15 MPH and my Airbags DID NOT Deploy
After the Accident
View attachment 23324
View attachment 23325
What was Broken/ Fixed
New Bumper
Frame had to be straightened out due to a dead straight impact
Brand New OEM Exhaust System
Paint
Alignment
Suspension
It now looks like
View attachment 23326
View attachment 23327

Do you Think they matched the paint right?

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 20

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
It looks like new. And now you can drive on walls. :wink:
Air bags shouldn't deploy in a rear end hit.

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Looks good to me, this happened to me last Thursday ( freaking idiots on the roads ) not as bad as yours but Ima take it to get looked @ tomorrow morning. He kept saying its just a bumper cover but its a cover for a reason.
View attachment 23330

Attachments

• IMAG0179.jpg
    IMAG0179.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 29

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
TexazReece said:
Looks good to me, this happened to me last Thursday ( freaking idiots on the roads ) not as bad as yours but Ima take it to get looked @ tomorrow morning. He kept saying its just a bumper cover but its a cover for a reason.
View attachment 9875

I would have punched that person square between the eye's. It's not just a bumper cover when you have kids in the vehicle.

I'm glad both of you are okay, and that the trucks are equally okay.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
The fresh new reso looks better lol cut that angle and put a straight tip on it and it would look sweet since its silver color now not nasty like before

framedforlife said:
Depends on speed.

not really if you get hit from the back your body gets pressed on the seat vs when you get hit from the side or front your bodies forces goes forward or to the side depending on the hit. I guess maybe newer cars have that but deff not these gmts I don't think. correct me if im wrong

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If you get rear ended no your airbags will not (and should not) deploy. Front airbags are for front collisions only. Side airbags for side impacts. No rear airbags for rear impacts because you're in the cushioned seat already.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
framedforlife said:
Depends on speed.

No it actually doesn't. It has to do with the impact, which gets into a very complicated set of perameters. First off front air bags are to help stop your face from meeting the steering wheel or windshild, for this to happen you would need an impact from the front. There is no need for them to deploy in a rearend accident. Even if you had a front end accident they still might not even deploy, it would have to meet a certain set of perameters before they would go off.

framedforlife

Original poster
Oct 14, 2012
All I really remember about the impact was that it jolted me forward and I was stiff for a week and yes I was wearing a seat belt.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online