My 05 Envoy has no ballz. 0-60 times horrible!

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
WarGawd said:
I thought gmcman was gonna post a video of the after treatment sound difference, I've been looking forward to that

It's coming I promise. :wink: With the storm, storm cleanup, and work I haven't had much time to think about much except for sleep and home chores.

CaptainXL said:
Hey guys just wanted to update you all on progress.

Well as it turns out my Envoy is idling 100% better now after adding that BG 44K that gmcman gave me. I no longer have ANY vibrations at idle. Smooth as silk.

Thanks gmcman!

Awesome...That's great to hear:thumbsup:...at least there is one variable addressed and may not be the culprit, but removing the gunk from the valve, valve seats, injectors will surely play a huge roll in determining the root cause of your problems.

Sounds like the motor was likely neglected before you purchased it, hopefully not to the point of damage to the rings and possibly the cylinder bore.

I wanted to add I also used the BG Quick Clean in the crankcase after the 44K treatment. I wasn't sure if there was an oil starvation issue to the camshaft area so I wanted the remove any crud that may have accumulated. Having used mainly M1 I couldn't imagine that could be the issue but never know.

I used the M1 higher mileage formula once and have since switched back.....I wish I never used it since I don't have any leaks so I didn't want to swell any seals any more than I may have. Not sure if the M1 HM will do that but don't want to chance it.

I still have the occasional tick but again the volume or intensity is about half, I will get a vid in the next few days....promise.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nadmak

Members Online