Moog Springs with Bilstein Hd's

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
I just replaced my stock struts and springs with the Bilstein HD's and Moog 81014 springs. I Have a much improved ride with little body roll. It lowered the front a half inch lol. But, I wanted to go lower but I had decided not to but it did it anyways:biggrin: I am thinking SS springs in the rear what are your thoughts? Can I say i have lowered the front a half inch? lol I am sitting at 33 inches even. Just puting this out there for anybody thinking of buying these products!

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
I just replaced my stock struts and springs with the Bilstein HD's and Moog 81014 springs. I Have a much improved ride with little body roll. It lowered the front a half inch lol. But, I wanted to go lower but I had decided not to but it did it anyways:biggrin: I am thinking SS springs in the rear what are your thoughts? Can I say i have lowered the front a half inch? lol I am sitting at 33 inches even. Just puting this out there for anybody thinking of buying these products!

I believe the SS utilizes air bags in the rear, not springs...

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Pittdawg u are correct. Tbss's have bags ....u could go with the 2" rear drop spring which is CLOSE height to a stock height on a tbSS in the rear.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
silvernclean said:
Pittdawg u are correct. Tbss's have bags ....u could go with the 2" rear drop spring which is CLOSE height to a stock height on a tbSS in the rear.

Correct, But Aftermarket makes springs that I think are the same height as the bags would be?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
03envoy said:
Correct, But Aftermarket makes springs that I think are the same height as the bags would be?

That's what I just said in my previous post.....:confused:

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
silvernclean said:
That's what I just said in my previous post.....:confused:

My Bad. Long Night:crazy:. I would have negative rake then? Right? I am sittin at 34 I beleive in the back.

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
03envoy said:
My Bad. Long Night:crazy:. I would have negative rake then? Right? I am sittin at 34 I beleive in the back.

The last gen tahoe lowering springs work, 3 inch drop for tahoe is 1.5 inch drop for tb, i believe...

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Pittdawg said:
The last gen tahoe
lowering springs work, 3 inch drop for tahoe is 1.5 inch drop for tb, i believe...

Now thats an idea:yes:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianmac.2ss

Members Online