MikeinDE's Build Thread for BIG BLACK (2007 TB)...

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I am going to use this thread to document what I have done to my truck. Sorry fella's but I will be the first to admit I am not a DIY'er. I just don't have the knowledge to do the work, plus I live in apartments, so we are not supposed to work on our cars there, plus I do not wanna bring any unwanted extra attention and curious eyes to BIG BLACK. I try to stay as low-key as possibly around my development. I have already been broken into once. But those that have met me at a meet, can back me up, that if it gets broken into again, any future punk burglars will most likely (and hopefully) die of a heart attack, as the alarm is tied into a set of police sirens that scream out through a FEDERAL brand speaker. So sorry but you will not see any write-ups, unfortunately, from me, or any step-by-step pic series. But MAY03LT will attest I do try to learn as often as I can, now retaining it all---well that's a whole other story. So I will be posting up pics of mods I have done and other random pics. Hopefully you will like them and maybe my ride will give you ideas as well.

(Pics to come shortly.....)

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
I bought my TB back in July 2007, brand new. Currently it has a little over 31,000 miles. The first things that were done was: a GoRhino DominatorII Hitch Step (that I had on my previous SUV), tint, exhaust tip/resonator removal, and a chrome gas door. I got a Westin safari bar that I still have now, one of the longest kept mods that has been done to my truck. I liked how my truck looks with the safar bar. And soon after a Westin safari roof basket was added (which is no longer around). The chrome gas door didn't last long, never have been a big fan of chrome so not sure why I even got it, but soon I found the nice black one that I currently have. The first tip was a big chrome one, that lasted a little while. Then I went with a side exit, passenger side, stainless tip in front of the rear tire. That lasted a while (I love how it looked in front of the tire, but got really crazy dirty in that location and would have been an inspection issue) so then I went with a bigger black powder coated tip out the back, but to an angle, so somewhat behind the rear tire. That lasted a while, then I got what I have currently, which is the dual exhaust set up with 3.5" black powder coated tips. Had the truck about a year and a half before I decided to do the lift and wheels/tires. The reason I went with the lift was because I had the safari bar and the safari roof basket, I wanted to lower it, but it woulda looked outta place with the Westin goodies on it, so I decided on a lift. So at the time of the lift, I got wheels/tires and airhorns installed as well. And after that it has all been a blur. I keep a detailed mod-list that I am debating on putting in this thread, but will do my best to take pics of pretty much most, if not all, of what has been done.

(Big Black has been in 4 shows, scoring a 2nd place trophy in the most recent show.)

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
The Audio portion to my truck came in 3 waves.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Ok so here are some of the first pics of my truck that I was able to track down:
agujaqu5.jpg

7u9ype9e.jpg

unuhajut.jpg

y8umasep.jpg

ta3esa6y.jpg

epagysu5.jpg

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks. (Keep in mind those are old pics, eventually I will get the "picture story" caught up to date, a lot of pics to go thru and gotta plan how I wanna put them in a decent order instead of just randomly plopping em down here)

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358785965.373820.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358785965.373820.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 412
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358785983.832941.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358785983.832941.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 409
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786000.000322.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786000.000322.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 411
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786033.116588.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786033.116588.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 410
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786045.883913.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786045.883913.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 412
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786058.517795.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786058.517795.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 412

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786732.177354.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786732.177354.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 413
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786749.567803.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21358786749.567803.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 410

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Some of the interior vinyl:

a6umy5a2.jpg

7y5uhe5a.jpg

uhe4e7em.jpg

y9adu2yg.jpg

vaja5epa.jpg

gu2yderu.jpg

utu6araz.jpg

ru9uqy2e.jpg

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
LEDs, Police Lights and UnderGlows:

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
I wanna see more pics of your audio lay out

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Some Audio pics:

[

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
nice who did the build? came out nice would like to hear how the 8s sound up there have you been to any of our shows (audio jam)

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Audio Jam GOV Square did the "1st wave", Exotic Sound and Tint down in Salisbury did the "2nd wave", then SOTS on Krkwd HWY did the "3rd wave".
Not quite sure if everything is "tweeked" to optimum performance, but I love how it sounds! (These pics are pretty much 2nd and 3rd wave, well mostly 3rd wave.) I registered for last years show at GOV Square but couldn't make it. I know Tom Broomall and the owner Mike pretty good, but don't really know any of the other guys there.

djez015

Jan 28, 2013
mikeinDE said:
Audio Jam GOV Square did the "1st wave", Exotic Sound and Tint down in Salisbury did the "2nd wave", then SOTS on Krkwd HWY did the "3rd wave".
Not quite sure if everything is "tweeked" to optimum performance, but I love how it sounds! (These pics are pretty much 2nd and 3rd wave, well mostly 3rd wave.) I registered for last years show at GOV Square but couldn't make it. I know Tom Broomall and the owner Mike pretty good, but don't really know any of the other guys there.

yea i been there about 5 years now between the 2 stores mostly gov sq now but if you ever are around stop by ill take the listen just ask for ed

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
ujezuba8.jpg

7ypamu6u.jpg

tejaveza.jpg

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Ok, here is my list:

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
Very cool stuff. A lot of it is over my head. I did see that you have a 26"A Bosch icon on the driver's side. Does that require any modification and what are the advantages to doing that vs. the 22"A?

J/W because i recently bought some Icons but I have a 22"A on driver side and 22" B on passenger side.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
xtitan1 said:
Very cool stuff. A lot of it is over my head. I did see that you have a 26"A Bosch icon on the driver's side. Does that require any modification and what are the advantages to doing that vs. the 22"A?

J/W because i recently bought some Icons but I have a 22"A on driver side and 22" B on passenger side.

My apologies, Didn't even realize you wrote this til just now. No mod needed to do the 26", it just gives you a bigger swipe on the driver's side. (I actually found that out by reading on here.)

More wiper coverage is always a good thing :thumbsup:

xtitan1

Jun 5, 2013
mikeinDE said:
My apologies, Didn't even realize you wrote this til just now. No mod needed to do the 26", it just gives you a bigger swipe on the driver's side. (I actually found that out by reading on here.)

More wiper coverage is always a good thing :thumbsup:

No worries! I'll get the 26 next time I change them

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Roof, front bumper, front safari bar, rear bumper, tow hook, and sides have been Line-x'd in Flat Black:

yvumyzy5.jpg

jemaqeta.jpg

3u2egevy.jpg

usyze3uz.jpg

e4y7ynu3.jpg

ygy5e8yj.jpg

5u9y4u7e.jpg

ga8a7u3u.jpg

6etedury.jpg

4y7y4epy.jpg

ysanyjed.jpg

7a9y3e5a.jpg

4etazasu.jpg

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Up next (this coming MON): a nice replacement to the "floor compartment door" in the hatch area

In August: e-fans, trans cooler, volant intake, digital trans temp gauge, steering column gauge pod, retune on the dyno

Who knows when: shave rear wiper, line-x hatch door

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Maybe in the future I'll add hood pins to each corner to lock it in. But for now, it's simple and it looks good.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Completed Diamond Plate Panel:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Nice rig! I knew it looked interesting in your floor compartment cover thread but whoa!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Thanks bro! I'm happy with the panel. Looks cool and different!! It's not very practical now that we pinned it, but I never stow anything back there anyways.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mikeinDE said:
Thanks bro! I'm happy with the panel. Looks cool and different!! It's not very practical now that we pinned it, but I never stow anything back there anyways.

Fair enough! If i ever do something similar i may either lock it down with Dzus fasteners like i suggested for yours or grab another stock panel to remove its latching mechanism and transplant that onto the new panel if not graft the diamond plate onto it in place of carpet...

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Keep me posted when you dive into that! Yea man, don't get me wrong, i liked your idea. But once I got the hood pins in my head I got stubborn towards them. Had to have em. :smile:

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mikeinDE said:
Keep me posted when you dive into that! Yea man, don't get me wrong, i liked your idea. But once I got the hood pins in my head I got stubborn towards them. Had to have em. :smile:

Will do, yea I def get the feeling about wanting something specific

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Where did you get the steering column gauge pod? Just trying to sort out solutions for mounting an areoforce interceptor gauge in my tb.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Where did you get the steering column gauge pod? Just trying to sort out solutions for mounting an areoforce interceptor gauge in my tb.

http://m.summitracing.com/parts/atm-15007
This is it right here. Will need minor modification, I think mostly for the "hazards" button---sorry I had a local shop do it for me. I can get you closer pics of the fitment if you wish.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mikeinDE said:
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/atm-15007
This is it right here. Will need minor modification, I think mostly for the "hazards" button---sorry I had a local shop do it for me. I can get you closer pics of the fitment if you wish.

Never even thought of adapting one for a pickup! Looks good! If you can get some more pics that would be great! Can you get a straight on shot of how it looks from drivers point of view? It looks like it mostly sits in front of the speedometer and maybe a bit over the fuel gauge.

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Never even thought of adapting one for a pickup! Looks good! If you can get some more pics that would be great! Can you get a straight on shot of how it looks from drivers point of view? It looks like it mostly sits in front of the speedometer and maybe a bit over the fuel gauge.

Sure, no prob, I will get some closer and better angles of pics. From what I can tell you lose the upper mph's of the speedo and you lose the odometer. But surprisingly that's about it.
Give me a day or two and ill have the pics up.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
mikeinDE said:
Sure, no prob, I will get some closer and better angles of pics. From what I can tell you lose the upper mph's of the speedo and you lose the odometer. But surprisingly that's about it.
Give me a day or two and ill have the pics up.

Cool! Thanks in advance!

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Another question for ya, how do you like the hella 500 black magics?

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
Darkrider_LS said:
Cool! Thanks in advance!

Hope these help:
ezemuvaq.jpg

emumaby7.jpg

2yduvudu.jpg

Oh and sorry I didn't notice your other post, I love the black magics!

mikeinDE

Original poster
Jan 4, 2012
If you drive with a little lean:

epyhu4up.jpg

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online

No members online now.