LS Guys: Who wants to earn a free Fog Light Bracket kit?

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Background:
When I bought my truck, I fully intended on installing fog lights at the first chance I got. I designed a set of fog light brackets off of several home-made designs that I'd seen. While I was searching around trying to get more info, I designed a set of grilles that would at least get rid of that stupid ugly 3-bar look out of the fog light hole, for the time being. The problem is that I've grown to really like the grilles and don't want to install the fog lights right now. This poses a problem for my little fog light bracket venture, because if I install fogs on my own truck, I can't go back to the grilles.

Here's the deal:
I need a 'guinea pig', so to speak. I have the brackets semi-finished, and have the prototypes in hand, along with the relay harness that I plan to offer as well. I need someone who would want the fog light brackets to install them and help me lay out the hole pattern for the fogs themselves. The bracket itself is done, I just need to lay out the exact position of the mounting and bolt holes and need a truck to do it on.

What I need from you:
Vehicle. Obviously. Any 02-08 LS without fogs will work. I also would request that you buy a set of fog lights off of ebay. I can do this for you, but it would save time if you had your own. I'd HEAVILY prefer someone local so I can assist with the install. I'm located in Two Rivers, WI, and have other facilities in Manitowoc, WI.

What I'm giving in return:
The prototype fog light brackets are yours once I take the measurements I need from the completed install. You'll also receive the stand-alone harness kit that I plan to offer, if that's the way you want to go as far as wiring. If you're local, I'll host the install party.

If anyone is interested let me know. Once this is all taken care of the fog light brackets will go into full production and will be available to the general pub. They will be heavy gauge, laser-cut 430 stainless steel.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
I'd love to be the guinea pig but I'm all the way in Washington so we wouldn't be able to have the install party.

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
i have grills on top of my fog lights as rock guards it looks really cool and simlar to yours currently. i will post pics later.

70Nova SS

Dec 6, 2011
What type of harness are you setting up? I'm working with Gary over at http://innovativewiring.com/ to make a totally plug and play harness, no splicing or cutting and comes on with the head lights. Should find out how much it will cost in a couple days. Maybe they will carry it on their web site or I'll order a couple if there's an interest in the setup.:thumbsup:

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Answer069 said:
I'd love to be the guinea pig but I'm all the way in Washington so we wouldn't be able to have the install party.

Oh but I can bring the install party!

groundshock, if you cant find anyone local Im sure Patrick (Answer069) and I can take the necessary measurements and associated pictures. Let us know, Id offer my own 02 but its an LT and I already have fogs.

Cool project!

70NovaSS, sounds good but I imagine most people will want the ability to turn them on/off separate of the headlights. Just my .02. Personally, Id like the ability to have a 3 way rocker switch. On on top, off in center, bottom would be auto-on with headlights.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
70Nova SS said:
What type of harness are you setting up? I'm working with Gary over at http://innovativewiring.com/ to make a totally plug and play harness, no splicing or cutting and comes on with the head lights. Should find out how much it will cost in a couple days. Maybe they will carry it on their web site or I'll order a couple if there's an interest in the setup.:thumbsup:

It's just a universal relay controlled fog harness. It's not vehicle specific, but it's a nice piece.

If you have something better in the works, that would be worth looking into. I know mine will be pretty cheap and come with the relay and all.

ScarabEpic22 said:

groundshock, if you cant find anyone local Im sure Patrick (Answer069) and I can take the necessary measurements and associated pictures. Let us know, Id offer my own 02 but its an LT and I already have fogs.

Cool project!

70NovaSS, sounds good but I imagine most people will want the ability to turn them on/off separate of the headlights. Just my .02. Personally, Id like the ability to have a 3 way rocker switch. On on top, off in center, bottom would be auto-on with headlights.

I haven't had anyone contact me on this outside of the guys in this thread, so if you are up to it, I'd definitely consider it. I just want to make sure the guy(s) doing it are meticulous and accurate.

Once I get everything I need, my plan is to offer a full kit with brackets, wiring, and fog lights and try to get the cost down to make it affordable. The brackets aren't going to be very expensive and if we get the measurements perfect on the hole layout, they'll be a hell of a lot better than anything you could make at home.

I'm seriously only one step away from production on this. If nothing else, if I could find another LS bumper somewhere close to me for cheap/free, at least i could do the install, take the measurements I need, and then reinstall my stuff.

Let me know if you guys want to go ahead with it.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
groundshock said:
It's just a universal relay controlled fog harness. It's not vehicle specific, but it's a nice piece.

If you have something better in the works, that would be worth looking into. I know mine will be pretty cheap and come with the relay and all.

I haven't had anyone contact me on this outside of the guys in this thread, so if you are up to it, I'd definitely consider it. I just want to make sure the guy(s) doing it are meticulous and accurate.

Once I get everything I need, my plan is to offer a full kit with brackets, wiring, and fog lights and try to get the cost down to make it affordable. The brackets aren't going to be very expensive and if we get the measurements perfect on the hole layout, they'll be a hell of a lot better than anything you could make at home.

I'm seriously only one step away from production on this. If nothing else, if I could find another LS bumper somewhere close to me for cheap/free, at least i could do the install, take the measurements I need, and then reinstall my stuff.

Let me know if you guys want to go ahead with it.

Ill talk to Patrick and see if he wants to do it. I have no problem taking my Canon Rebel XTi and taking a ton of pics for you.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
We are game for it. Erik and I will take tons of pics of the process.:thumbsup:

70Nova SS

Dec 6, 2011
ScarabEpic22 said:

Cool project!

The trick is having them on by themselves, you'd need another power source controlled by the ignition to have them on seperate. Right now I'm just having a simple plug and play setup for my wifes truck built and I'll probably put a rocker switch on the dash later that cuts power to the relay. I'll post pics whenever I get the harness.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
PM Sent

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Patrick,

A care package is on the way to you. Should be there pretty quick.

Give me a shout when they arrive and I'll give you my phone number so we can talk.

Thanks again for your help.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Sweet!!!! Care packages are my favorite Killstreak reward lol. Yes I play Call of Duty. I'm on XBox Live. My gamertag is Answer069. If you see this and play feel free to add me.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Yay the care package arrived. now I just need some fog lights to go with those sweet looking brackets and wiring harness.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
well yesterday didn't go so well we quickly realized that we were going to need fog lights that we didn't have plus I realized that the wiring harness was going to need some work as well to replace the terminated ends to match the factory foglights

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Well things didnt go as planned without the stock fog lights. We are working on getting a pair then Erik and i will get together for the install

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Anything happening with this, fellas? I've got several people waiting in line for these brackets. If you guys can't get to it, thats fine, I can send a call tag and get the stuff back and out to one of a couple other interested parties.

Please let me know.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Patrick, Ive got time this weekend on Saturday if you have the OEM lights.

groundshock, sorry its taken some time, but its currently out of my hands. I havent spoken to Patrick since our meet on 12/31, Ill PM him now and try to get this done this weekend.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I've had a TON of interest in these over the last year now, and I've never heard anything back from Patrick on holding up his end of the bargain.

That said, I have one prototype set here that I was saving for myself, for when the time came to get rid of the bumper grilles and go fogs.

Odds are I'm going to go fogs soon, so this project may be back on the map, sooner if I could find someone worth their salt to come in and do for me what the previous guy didn't do. That escapade cost me over 60 dollars.

So I'll put it to you guys again. If I can get someone that HAS an LS truck, that HAS a set of fog lights ready to go, and that would be willing to precisely map out the bolt patterns on the brackets I WILL go ahead with production.

Let's get this back rolling. The TB aftermarket scene is getting awfully dull right now. Basically I'd like to get a couple cool things out for you blokes so that I can fund my off-road conversion.

Let's talk.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Sorry to hear this, I offered to help Patrick out installing his but last I checked he still hadnt. Havent talked to or seen him in about a year either.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yeah, I knew it had nothing to do with you, Erik. Guy took me for about 60 bucks plus shipping. Just a forewarning to anyone that would deal with him in the future.

Hopefully I've got another gentleman willing to do the deal for us. I'm really wanting to get going with my off-road conversion and would like to offset some of the costs with some of these parts.

I may end up trying to make some bolt-on light bars for the stock rack as well.

We'll see what happens with this first.

ScarabEpic22

Nov 20, 2011
Id have done it, but my 02's an LT and already has fogs. PM flyingfischer, Craig might be willing to do this and he will get it done within a few days of getting any parts.

I'll keep my eyes out for an LS locally, I get a few trucks in for tunes but most usually have fogs.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
groundshock said:
Well, in the interest of full disclosure, I've had a TON of interest in these over the last year now, and I've never heard anything back from Patrick on holding up his end of the bargain.

That said, I have one prototype set here that I was saving for myself, for when the time came to get rid of the bumper grilles and go fogs.

Odds are I'm going to go fogs soon, so this project may be back on the map, sooner if I could find someone worth their salt to come in and do for me what the previous guy didn't do. That escapade cost me over 60 dollars.

So I'll put it to you guys again. If I can get someone that HAS an LS truck, that HAS a set of fog lights ready to go, and that would be willing to precisely map out the bolt patterns on the brackets I WILL go ahead with production.

Let's get this back rolling. The TB aftermarket scene is getting awfully dull right now. Basically I'd like to get a couple cool things out for you blokes so that I can fund my off-road conversion.

Let's talk.

are you looking for a set of factory fog lights?
i just happen to have gotten a brand new set of fogs. i believe the new assy came w/ brackets.
my current ones have condesation on the inside, believe the housings are cracked somewhere.
i plan on changing them out in the next couple weeks. the old ones are yours if you could use them.

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Yours may have come with some type of bracket, yeah, but they don't come with the actual bracket needed to mount them to the chassis since the fog-equipped trucks actually have a different bumper cover that the fogs attach to.

My brackets essentailly make a traditional bracket style that let the fogs attach independent of the bumper cover.

The factory fogs arent that expensive anymore but if you'd like to send 'em my way, yeah, I'd take em. I plan on going with the factory fogs soon, when I begin my offroad mods. At least that way I don't have to depend on someone else for this anymore since I've already been burned once by scumballs.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
groundshock said:
Yours may have come with some type of bracket, yeah, but they don't come with the actual bracket needed to mount them to the chassis since the fog-equipped trucks actually have a different bumper cover that the fogs attach to.

My brackets essentailly make a traditional bracket style that let the fogs attach independent of the bumper cover.

The factory fogs arent that expensive anymore but if you'd like to send 'em my way, yeah, I'd take em. I plan on going with the factory fogs soon, when I begin my offroad mods. At least that way I don't have to depend on someone else for this anymore since I've already been burned once by scumballs.

PM me your address, and i send them out, once i switch mine out.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Def have my interest on how this turns out. So basically if this works out it will allow someone who has a non fog light equipped LS like mine to add them without changing to the bumper cover with the molded in fog light mounting points?

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
So I guess it makes me a scumball bc I haven't had the time or the money to get this done. I'll send you your shit back but don't come on here and start bad mouthnig me you have no idea what we have been through in the last year. I've been through 3 jobs and to top it all off I was in an accident in Dec. and totaled my DD. So any money we have had has gone to catching up bills that were months behind or to buying the truck I'm currently driving which is now eating up our money in repairs and gas as it doesn't get the 30MPG I was getting in my car. Do you just want it sent to the return address on the shipping label?

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Really didn't want this to go public, basically to protect your identity and stay professional.... but...

Bad mouthing you? You've got a lot of nerve coming in here and thinking you have a right to say ANYTHING.

-You took on a project that you FAILED to live up to your end of the bargain, which has held myself and many others from having this product. I trusted you and took your word that you would do it and gave you everything you needed to complete the project.
-I gave you plenty of time to complete this minor project which you said you would do, and you didn't.
-I spent my own hard-earned cash to send you parts at NO cost, no shipping, no nothing, and you had other reputable members that would've assisted you in the project.
-I then asked you after SEVERAL weeks, very kindly and without judgement mind you, and on NUMEROUS occasions, to let me send you a PREPAID return box at MY COST to get the parts back because you couldn't finish the project, and you refused to send the stuff back. I haven't heard a WORD from you in almost a YEAR.

So yes, sorry bro, it does make you a scumball. Your personal issues are just that, yours. None of my business, and I really don't care. Facts are this: You took on the project, you entered the agreement, you failed to pull your weight, and then you refused to send the parts back to me so I could get it out to others, then it takes calling you out in public to get you to respond and straighten up.

I'm trying to offer this forum some valuable, desirable parts. Parts that I GIFTED you with only a small favor expected in return. And to this point, you've screwed me.

Listen, I'm sure you're a fine human being and all and I get we all have problems. Get my stuff back to me and I'll be happy to edit my posts and call this water-under-the-bridge. But please don't think that I have no right to be angry, and I'm terribly disappointed that it came to this to pull you out of the woodwork.

Reactions: Locksmith

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
I'm sorry that I did t follow through with this. I really did think that we were going g to be able to get it done but we haven't even had a meet in more than six months that I have been able to attend. I've been pretty busy and should have sent the stuff back sooner.

Answer069

Dec 4, 2011
Do you want it shipped back to the address it came from?

groundshock

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Let's give it some time here. As soon as I get some lights and my prototype harness kit back, I'll get it done.

No doubt that it's going to be a hella popular setup.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
groundshock said:
Let's give it some time here. As soon as I get some lights and my prototype harness kit back, I'll get it done.

No doubt that it's going to be a hella popular setup.

Def interested in seeing how this all comes together. Thanks to some black ice this morning my LS has its front bumper cover off for the moment.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhenninger

Members Online