Come one come all. i see there are lifts pics lets see the lowered ladies

Attachments

• 20140111_212108.jpg
    20140111_212108.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 39

Scott_mcd

Jul 29, 2012
buna5ava.jpg

Lowered 2/3 with Bell Tech springs and DJM UCAs on 20s.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
An older pic.....

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1389781722227.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1389781722227.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 35

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Front
Belltech lowering struts
Modified djm upper arms
Back
Tonys custom 30.5 spring/shock combo

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
just a 2in drop ^ thats all :rotfl:

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
I only have one question about doing this kind of stuff - what's the point of 4x4 when you put your vehicle down where you can't even hop the curb anymore?

Not knocking on lowers/lifts, everyone has a preference and are free to share their mods with the rest of us, just something I've always wondered and never asked.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
IllogicTC said:
I only have one question about doing this kind of stuff - what's the point of 4x4 when you put your vehicle down where you can't even hop the curb anymore?

Not knocking on lowers/lifts, everyone has a preference and are free to share their mods with the rest of us, just something I've always wondered and never asked.

ive always wondered that myself. im sure that if i had a 4x4it would be looking like hardtrailz rig.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
IllogicTC said:
I onlyhave one question about doing this kind of stuff - what's the point of 4x4 when you put your vehicle down where you can't even hop the curb anymore?

It's just what people do. 4wd is more about traction than clearance for some. Have you read the headlight and LED threads? :crazy:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
It depends on several factors, my last to trucks were lowered but we're 4x4. It was very difficult to find an unmolested 2wd s 10 blazer around here. Sometimes you work with what you have.

I have also seen very few 2wd trailblazers around here.

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
Ive wanted to have aftermarket lights maybe some hids but from the people ive seen with them all have bad to say about them. i dont know what how to go about it. haha

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
blazinlow89 said:
It depends on several factors, my last to trucks were lowered but we're 4x4. It was very difficult to find an unmolested 2wd s 10 blazer around here. Sometimes you work with what you have.

I have also seen very few 2wd trailblazers around here.

stupid question i know but is there a diiference between awd and 4x4 other than the obvious you can put in 4x4 anytime?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
bbarker89 said:
stupid question i know but is there a diiference between awd and 4x4 other than the obvious you can put in 4x4 anytime?

Yes. 4x4, in it's basic form, is a solid mechanical connection to both the front and rear axles from the transmission. It can have a solid or near-solid connection to the wheels too with limited-slips and locker differentials. In the case of the TB, A4WD can be considered a wonky AWD, as it transmits some torque to the front wheels at all times and can adjust to put more toward the front, but this is NOT an efficient setup.

AWD hinges on full-time power flow to all wheels. There are several ways for the intermediate connection to go, generally a differential or something is used as the "transfer case." The big difference in the concepts of design is 4x4 is supposed to have equal power to all wheels at all times (barring slippage, but still will have 50% to front and 50% to back). AWD systems usually have advanced traction control, where power can be shifted to and from the front or rear axles, and sometimes get as specific as sending a considerable amount of power to a specific wheel.

The AWD system has properties which make it favorable for "all-weather" driving, as long as the weather isn't deep snow or anything. The advantage lies in full-time engagement to remove operator worry, advanced traction control (if available) to act pretty much like an "anti-ABS" system to maximize how much power actually hits the road, and the previously-mentioned all-weather setup. Rain's a pretty common scenario where AWD may enhance performance.

The 4x4 system (let's talk basic system), the expected 50/50 front/rear power ratio makes the system's handling characteristics predictable as soon as you familiarize yourself with its operation. The components can be manufactured in a more heavy-duty style which makes it favorable for towing applications or sporting. The ability to install locking differentials makes a difference, a low-tech way to distribute the power to more wheels in slip scenarios. The big bonus is having a multiple-stage transfer case (generally 4HI and 4LO), providing the engine with a much greater mechanical advantage over the terrain. In addition, the ability to turn the system off can improve gas mileage over a comparable AWD system.

In a modern-day scenario with a comparable 4x4 and AWD system, the 4x4 can get you more places, but the AWD can give you more grip on the common road. Since there's usually a lot of electronics and likely mechanical components involved with "torque vectoring," which is what controlling an AWD system at the tire level is called, so total cost of ownership may be higher (as there's more crap to dig through and possibly fix).

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
bbarker89 said:
Ive wanted to have aftermarket lights maybe some hids but from the people ive seen with them all have bad to say about them. i dont know what how to go about it. haha

Most likely from people who went with DDM or VVME. I am biased against DDM as their products are as bad as their customer service. I know other members here have used VVME before though. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to HID kits :twocents:

If you go with a HID kit, I would check out this site. The Retrofit Source Inc. Their kits are top quality and come with a 5 year warranty. Their customer service is phenomenal as well.

You also can check out DFWWIZ's information he has in this thread http://gmtnation.com/f18/reputable-high-intensity-discharge-headlights-bulb-distributors-9002/#post202604 for his new LED headlights that are supposed to produce as many lumens as HIDs and have a longer life-span.

Lastly, if you have some extra cash, check out Smitty5150 thread http://gmtnation.com/f43/2014-projector-retrofit-blowout-9473/. Complete retrofit with a new set of OE headlights for $510. All of his parts come from The Retrofit Source as well. HIDs in stock housings is a big upgrade from standard halogen bulbs, but you will produce a lot of glare for oncoming traffic as HIDs produce three times the lumen of a standard halogen. Nothing can compare to HIDs in a projector lens. The difference is like night and day.

There are some options you can choose from depending on your price range and what you are looking for.

Steeda

Jan 16, 2014
Playsinsnow said:
It's just what people do. 4wd is more about traction than clearance for some. Have you read the headlight and LED threads? :crazy:

My TB is too pretty for off-roading! LOL no seriously......

Basically i only use 4x4 in Snow, or camping.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Steeda said:
My TB is too pretty for off-roading! LOL no seriously......

Pics??? No seriously, lol... :yes:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Yep Tonys kit from tbss owners, and the green truck has bags his height is completely adjustable he can raise whenever he needs

hayes

Oct 6, 2013
STLtrailbSS said:
Yep Tonys kit from tbss owners, and the green truck has bags his height is completely adjustable he can raise whenever he needs

whoops, missed where you said it.

eutechnyx

Mar 31, 2012
Yeah,no issues with scraping even when riding low,only if its horrible angled driveways or something then the rear bumper corners will scrape lol. Truck gets full factory lift too.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'm 2WD so this was easy for me...

DJM 2" drop strut mounts
DJM Modified UCA's
Rear air bag adjustment until I get the 30.5 Spring combo from Tony...

20130423_143732_zpsa133a5a9.jpg

20130423_100048_zpsb69e345f.jpg

bbarker89

Original poster
Dec 19, 2013
new rims i picked up today

Attachments

• 20140118_193139 (1).jpg
    20140118_193139 (1).jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 20140118_193212.jpg
    20140118_193212.jpg