Looking for stock 18 inch wheels on a trailblazer

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Hey everyone,

I have a 04 trailblazer that came with the 16s, and they are corroded. Im looking to get a set of the 18s that came stock on the Trailblazers.

Please let me know what you have. I am just west of Minneapolis.

I am also open to other options, but price is the determining factor here. If I could get the 20's with great tread I would consider it, but again the budget is tight for this.

Thanks!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Check TBSSowners.com and Craigs list. I found my OE TBSS wheels with TPMS sensors and decent tires for around $700. I have seen the 07+ TBLT OE 18" wheels go for $150-$200 on EBay, but that it without tires though. My stock tires on those are 245/60R18, good tires run me around $200 per tire.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
thanks for the response. I found a set on the list of Graig, and he wanted $300 with tires that need to be replaced and sensors in them. The center caps are corroded.
I have gotten him down to $270, but I am wondering if this is a good deal or not?
The cheapest I have found on eBay for new ones is $90 a rim, with free shipping, bringing the total to $360 with no tires, centercaps or sensors.
Thoughts?
I dont actually need the sensors, so I was thinking I could sell them and recoup some of the cash. What does a set go for used?

BlazingTrails

Apr 27, 2014
I am not sure about the 18's your talking about. I know the Saab 97x came with some pretty sweet looking 18s from the factory. I saw a set for 700 with brand new tires and they are mint. The 17s are all over with good tires for $2-300. If it helps..... Also I almost bought the Saab 18s before I got my 22" ss wheels

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
$90 a wheel is a great deal. Looks like you will still need center caps. Check out gmpartsdirect.com for the center caps. I have to say tge factory 18" wheels are the second best wheel next to the SS.

Reactions: BlazingTrails

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Yep still need center caps if I buy those.
But I found some local ones used that are cheaper that I'm going to look at this weekend. We'll see what kind of shape they are in.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
dmanns67 said:
$90 a wheel is a great deal. Looks like you will still need center caps. Check out gmpartsdirect.com for the center caps. I have to say tge factory 18" wheels are the second best wheel next to the SS.
:iagree:
the ad said 10 available. wonder if this guy reconditions them.
on one of my rims, the clear coat started to flake off, the dealership sent it out to be reconditioned, under warranty of course.

Reactions: dmanns67

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I used to work at a dealership, so yeah I know all about the reconditioning process.
I guess I will take my chances with the used rims for now, I am going to meet him tomorrow. Being that I just bought this thing, the cash pot has been drained, so I do need to work on a budget.
Who knows, maybe in a year or two Ill decide to lift it and put big ugly tires on it and will want new rims anyways. :thumbsup:

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I ended up with what looks like a great used set. We'll see once I bolt them up :smile:

Reactions: dmanns67 and Mounce

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
fletch09 said:
:iagree:
the ad said 10 available. wonder if this guy reconditions them.
on one of my rims, the clear coat started to flake off, the dealership sent it out to be reconditioned, under warranty of course.
At least it was covered under warranty. I can tell you reconditioning polished wheels is not cheap and it is a very labor intensive process. It going to be another week and a half (two and a half weeks total) before I get my TBSS wheels back.

polarisn1 said:
I ended up with what looks like a great used set. We'll see once I bolt them up :smile:
Post some :pictures:

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Here you go guys! :biggrin:

What do you think??

Attachments

• 20140525_162648 (Medium).jpg
    20140525_162648 (Medium).jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 20

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Thanks!
Next come the Firestone Destination LE2 tires!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
polarisn1 said:
Thanks!
Next come the Firestone Destination LE2 tires!
Looks good :thumbsup: 2nd Best TrailBlazer OE wheel IMO. LE2 looks like a decent all season tire and not a bad price at $100 per tire. What size tire are you going with, 245/60?

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I agree!
I'm going with 245/60 R18. I'd love to know where they are 100 bucks a tire! The best I am finding is 150 each!

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
polarisn1 said:
I agree!
I'm going with 245/60 R18. I'd love to know where they are 100 bucks a tire! The best I am finding is 150 each!
I did a quick google search and can't remeber the site, but they were like $100.25 per tire. Not sure how much shipping was though.

Discounttiredirect.com usually has good deals and free shipping. They also offer road hazard warranties on all of their tires.

Reactions: TexazReece

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
Tire rack has them at 164.
Discount tire direct doesn't carry them.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Oh ok. Have you called any local tire shops? My tire shop actually matched discount tire directs price on my Hankook tires. I would also check Firestone's website and see if they have any rebates going on.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
I found through a tire distributor that there is a $70 rebate on the LE2, but you have to pay to have them installed. I wish there was a way to get the rebate and install them myself, since I have access to a tire machine and balancer..

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
polarisn1 said:
I found through a tire distributor that there is a $70 rebate on the LE2, but you have to pay to have them installed. I wish there was a way to get the rebate and install them myself, since I have access to a tire machine and balancer..
Typically the manufacturer is the one offering the rebate. Most of the time you can download a form from their site and mail them a copy of your receipt to get the rebate. I see tirerack.com has the tires for $164 a tire and around $15 shipping per tire. They are also offering a $70 mail-in-rebate or a 7 night stay at your choice of location.

You could always go with a Cooper Discoverer CTS or Hankook DynaPro tire (Both All Season) from discounttiredirect.com around $155-$165 per tire and they offer free shipping plus the option of a road hazard warranty.

Your best bet to save money is definitely buying online since you have access to a tire machine and balancer.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
dmanns67 said:
Typically the manufacturer is the one offering the rebate. Most of the time you can download a form from their site and mail them a copy of your receipt to get the rebate. I see tirerack.com has the tires for $164 a tire and around $15 shipping per tire. They are also offering a $70 mail-in-rebate or a 7 night stay at your choice of location.

You could always go with a Cooper Discoverer CTS or Hankook DynaPro tire (Both All Season) from discounttiredirect.com around $155-$165 per tire and they offer free shipping plus the option of a road hazard warranty.

Your best bet to save money is definitely buying online since you have access to a tire machine and balancer.
Even the coupon on the website says that you must have proof of mounting. I am not sure if that is a receipt of payment for mounting, or what that constitutes..

I am continuing to look for a way to prove the tires are mounted without a proof of payment to have them mounted. Ideas?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
polarisn1 said:
Even the coupon on the website says that you must have proof of mounting. I am not sure if that is a receipt of payment for mounting, or what that constitutes..

I am continuing to look for a way to prove the tires are mounted without a proof of payment to have them mounted. Ideas?
Is the tire equipment and balancer personally owned in your garage or is it at a shop? I would say if it is at a shop maybe you can have them print out a receipt saying the tires were mounted and balanced there. if not, you could try to contact tirerack.com or where ever you buy the tires and let them know you have the equipment to mount and balance your own tires and see if you can still get the rebate. Maybe sending them a pic with the tires mounted on your TB with the receipt of purchase in the picture.

If none of the above is an option, I guess you will have to find the best price and go without a rebate. In the long run you will still be saving money since you can mount and balance yourself.

polarisn1

Original poster
Apr 19, 2014
It is in a shop that I have access to. I talked to the tire rep I am buying the tires from, and she said that the receipt she provides me should be sufficient for the rebate. She has never heard of a problem. So my fingers are crossed that it works!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axeggg

Members Online