Looking for advice on headunit.

GeoGoGo

Original poster
Dec 29, 2015
Upstate NY
Hey everybody!

I am purchasing a 2007 Trailblazer and I am looking for some suggestions on my headunit.

I am a Sirius Satellite fan and recently had to endure a 3 week stint driving without it. I need to get it in the TB. Pronto!

I have read that if my factory radio has a BAND button on it that it is Satellite ready. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

Second though is replacing the headunit with a aftermarket one. If I was going that route, I would want built in Bluetooth but not a fan of the touchscreen. Too many finger prints. Can anyone suggest an aftermarket headunit Bluetooth that is OEMish looking?

Thank you all for the time. I know this was a pretty long post. I appreciate any info. Have a great weekend!

CarlosDanger

Feb 13, 2016
Northern Nevada
I just put in the non-bluetooth version of this headunit:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113DPX501B/Kenwood-DPX501BT.html?tp=5684

Looks factory to me, and it has an adjustable RGB display so I was able to make it match the dashboard lights.

2PtfPeEl.jpg

Reactions: Matt

FearlessAZ

Jun 7, 2016
Phoenix, AZ
I know this was posted a few months ago but I would advise going aftermarket. You will get more features, performance and it looks better than stock. I personally like Pioneer head units. Only problem I have ever had with them is their Bluetooth microphones. Other than that, great performance, good looks and customization.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online