leveling question

fireman32_14

Original poster
Feb 4, 2013
hey i have an 06 swb trailblazer, it has a good bit of rake, i was looking for something to bring the front end up a bit, maybe keep a slight rake but level it a little bit, i dont really want to change how it rides or anything tho, is this possible, and what would be involved with this?

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
Well I would suggest replacing the front springs, most people overlook this and/or don't realise how much the front will sag with old springs. So I would do that first and if your still not happy go for the leveling kit.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
There are about ten different stiffnesses for springs in the GM parts catalog, and aftermarket ones are also available. You can also buy spacers to go inside your struts to raise the resting height using your existing springs if you like the ride. Have you ever changed your front shocks, because that's the time to do it if you're adding a thin spacer. Check SuspensionMAXX for a choice of three different thickness spacers.

Exactly how much is your front lower than the rear? Measure all four corners to the top of the wheel well opening on a flat parking lot.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
You can do a spacer in the strut or outside of the strut or springs. Springs will likely change the ride. The outside strut can cause issues if its too large but can be a simple cheap fix.

Check out MarkMC for some options.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
You can do a spacer in the strut or outside of the strut or springs. Springs will likely change the ride. The outside strut can cause issues if its too large but can be a simple cheap fix.

:iagree: Mark's top spacer might be a good option here.

Mark's site

Chevy/GMC Leveling Suspension Lift Kit :: THE LIFT MEISTER

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

Maybe I am missing something here. Please explain how replacing worn sagging stock springs with new stock non-worn out springs of the same rate would change anything with the ride quality except make it feel like it did from day one? I was not suggesting installing 89's just swap equal for equal. When I did this I got back nearly 1.2" of course I did have alot more miles on mine.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
TangoBravo said:
Maybe I am missing something here. Please explain how replacing worn sagging stock springs with new stock non-worn out springs of the same rate would change anything with the ride quality except make it feel like it did from day one? I was not suggesting installing 89's just swap equal for equal. When I did this I got back nearly 1.2" of course I did have alot more miles on mine.

Same rate may give him nothing and the front will still sag. Or if he likes the soft ride of the worn springs and puts new ones on that are not worn...it will ride different. The rate of sagging springs and new springs even of same part number will be different and ride different. He did not say he wanted a day one ride but did not want to change the ride.

TangoBravo

Dec 5, 2011
I see what you're sayin. I guess I figured most people would enjoy a new again feel and less sag, I say less sag because like you said they will still sag, but my experiance is that the amount is way less then old spongy worn out springs.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
memoremix

Members Online