LED Light Bars; needing advice

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
So I've had this craving to put led light bars into my truck. I have wanted to do it for a while, but I haven't had the means too. I finally ran into some extra money and can actually pick one up. Here's the catch,; it cant break my bank. Ebay light bars are so tempting for the price, but I don't want to buy a POS. I have looked up some in between light bars from superbrightlights.com and Kc lights light bars are more fairly priced. I kind of have a picture in my mind of where I am finally going to put them, (more than likely behind my grill) and eventually on top on my rook to compliment my newly acquired north face roof rack. I know I can google this answer and some stuff will pop up. I'm curious to what you guys have to say. Anyways I appreciate all your opinion's guys!
Thanks,
Frank

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
From my limited experience...

The Ebay bars are good for their price but..they're FAR from the best. A name brand light bar puts any Ebay cheapie to shame.

I would recommend spending quite a while on Ebay searching around and reading, looking at different styles. If you look long enough, you'll stumble across some good deals, look at the auction style ones too, sometimes you can come out with a steal. Resist bidding on multiple ones at a time though..imagine you win two when you just had the money for one :no:

Reactions: BlazingTrails

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Yeah, should've mentioned that. Watch out for fakes though. Also, the seller's output rating for the Ebay cheap lighta are normally at least a few hundred lumens too high, they're still bright though.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Amazon light bars are unbranded rigid. Cheap and good. Read the reviews on amazon and you can get a better deal than eBay.

Name brands on led light bars seem to mean nothing but higher prices in my experience. They are all foreign made and there are really only a few different ones under a multitude of brands.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Amazon light bars are unbranded rigid. Cheap and good. Read the reviews on amazon and you can get a better deal than eBay.
Name brands on led light bars seem to mean nothing but higher prices in my experience. They are all foreign made and there are really only a few different ones under a multitude of brands.
Yeah I definitely have to do my homework on them. I checked out the amazon light bars, they got some good reviews.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
I have been looking at those Amazon light bars. They appear to be really good.I have been trying to decide which one to get to put up on my roof.

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Yeah, I saw that pic earlier. I will probably be getting that after I replace my bumper.

Knucklehead

Jul 23, 2014
Amazon bars are no were near rigid bars.

There's only 2 or 3 main factories in china that produce them. You can buy direct or a lot of off-road forums do a group by every so often.

Some of rigids parts come from china. But all done in AZ. I believe baja designs are the only lights that are made here.

People made a ton of money when they first started coming out. After people figured out you can buy direct it shut the whole LED bar business down for small dudes just buying bulk and making money. Most I the bars are coming from the same factory in china and people just slap there sticker on them or name.

Reactions: Mounce

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Amazon bars and rigid come from China

Baja is made here but not sure they have proved out better.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Just an update. I finally ordered a pair of lights on monday. I ordered some amber rigid duallys to put behind the grill(Got a sweet deal on them). Can't wait to get them in my Saab!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online