kind of a dumb question...

Envoy10

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
but I found the instructions on how to setup your sunroof to close by just pressing the button once rather than holding it to close the sunroof. My question comes when closing, the sunroof slides all the way across then to the end then raises up alittle before completely stopping. Is this where the sunroof is completely closed or is it completely closed before the little raise it does? I know kinda dumb but I rather make sure Im doing it right the first time. Thanks

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
When it raises that slight bit, it's closed.

harmless

Nov 21, 2011
:iagree:

When you open it, it's comes down it's track to be able to retract inside and under the roof panel.

When you close the panel, it "raises" back into it's closed-roof position, becoming one with the roofline and sealing out the weather.

MDBT

Jan 26, 2012
My father and I swapped vehicles for a couple months last year so he had my Jimmy with the sunroof. He thought that the little raise up was opening it again, so he kept trying to catch it in between to close it. He got so frustrated with it after a while he complained to me about it, I chuckled and explained that he was actually leaving it open. But until I had mine, I didn't know either.

In short, don't feel dumb it's not uncommon for people to be uncertain about it. And seeing as how you can let in a LOT of water if you don't close it properly it's a good idea to take the safe route and ask.

06Envoy

Dec 4, 2011
Envoy10 said:
but I found the instructions on how to setup your sunroof to close by just pressing the button once rather than holding it to close the sunroof. My question comes when closing, the sunroof slides all the way across then to the end then raises up alittle before completely stopping. Is this where the sunroof is completely closed or is it completely closed before the little raise it does? I know kinda dumb but I rather make sure Im doing it right the first time. Thanks

I'm actually interested in that mod.
I find it annoying to have to hold my hand and arm up for what seems to be forever just to hold that button in.

Please post the link.
Thanks.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hanns Carrasco

Members Online