I'm Getting RPM fluctuation at highway speeds maybe TCC Lock-up?

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
I got a diagnostic done and the only problem found was the torque converter is locking up at 39% max. I don't think that 39% percent TCC Lock up is normal.

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
Mike w said:
I got a diagnostic done and the only problem found was the torque converter is locking up at 39% max. I don't think that 39% percent TCC Lock up is normal.

At a transmission shop? Back alley? A friend's house? :tongue:

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
A Very competent transmission shop looked at it.

Reactions: KNBlazer

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
they said that the Tcc was the only problem but they recommend a tear down inspection also

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
Mike w said:
they said that the Tcc was the only problem but they recommend a tear down inspection also
OUCH!!! ... Words you rather not want to hear... cost me $2500 for a rebuild... 19K miles so far and not one problem... well aside from the engine blowing up 12K miles later... lol, ok not blow up, but needing a rebuild as well...

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
KNBlazer said:
OUCH!!! ... Words you rather not want to hear... cost me $2500 for a rebuild... 19K miles so far and not one problem... well aside from the engine blowing up 12K miles later... lol, ok not blow up, but needing a rebuild as well...
Yeah I was going to have it rebuilt or buy one rebuilt. Damn the motor blew, was it a spun bearing?

KNBlazer

Feb 8, 2012
Mike w said:
Yeah I was going to have it rebuilt or buy one rebuilt. Damn the motor blew, was it a spun bearing?
Piston rings were letting oil pass, head gasket went out...a few valves were burnt...one valve snapped during testing, so all exh valves were replaced..

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
I got it fixed...It was in the valve body,

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
UPDATE!! I had a rebuilt transmission installed because third gear was starting to slip.

Reactions: KNBlazer

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Mike w said:
UPDATE!! I had a rebuilt transmission installed because third gear was starting to slip.
Cool deal, least it shouldn't give you any issues now. Just curious, did you ever install the vette servo on the previous transmission?

Mike w

Original poster
Jun 24, 2014
i hope so it has warranty though.. No i never did i was done with it.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online