SUPPORT How to delete account

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
As per the rules, posts and accounts cannot be deleted. If you no longer want to use the site, all you can do is abandon your account.

Upvote 0

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
We are friendly as can be, you just have to get involved, make a few jokes, and keep going.

Comparing us to them certainly isnt going to win you any style points for sure.

This forum is from there, but we are not of there. The knowledge base here is far.. FAR.. superior to there. All the long time members here, myself included, started from there. We left after they commercialized it. We are just a bunch of guys sharing our knowledge, and love, for the GMT trucks. We didnt want to be commercialized. So we left, and the mods built this forum, from the ground up. This forum is owned by a enthusiast of the GMT line, and not some company looking to make a buck. You cant say that about them. Yes we have ads, thats to pay for the server that this website sits on. Hosting websites aint cheap for a high traffic community like this.

We will engage when, and if, we can. There are threads that you have been part of, that I know nothing of. So I dont add content or context, if I dont have something to constructively add to that thread.

You havent even been here a week, and you are already judging us? I mean, come on dude.

Upvote 1

KWG2005

Original poster
Sep 6, 2023
Nashville
We are friendly as can be, you just have to get involved, make a few jokes, and keep going.

Comparing us to them certainly isnt going to win you any style points for sure.

This forum is from there, but we are not of there. The knowledge base here is far.. FAR.. superior to there. All the long time members here, myself included, started from there. We left after they commercialized it. We are just a bunch of guys sharing our knowledge, and love, for the GMT trucks. We didnt want to be commercialized. So we left, and the mods built this forum, from the ground up. This forum is owned by a enthusiast of the GMT line, and not some company looking to make a buck. You cant say that about them. Yes we have ads, thats to pay for the server that this website sits on. Hosting websites aint cheap for a high traffic community like this.

We will engage when, and if, we can. There are threads that you have been part of, that I know nothing of. So I dont add content or context, if I dont have something to constructively add to that thread.

You havent even been here a week, and you are already judging us? I mean, come on dude.
I just don't like being told I'm trolling for asking legitimate questions. Of which I have found information on the item which nobody mentioned before on this forum. I discovered the actual part number for the 2002 engine with the non-TTY harmonic balancer bolt. But this is trolling. There is also a legitimate concern... the guy who thinks I'm trolling states the only correct solution is using the GM bolt... any other solution is wrong. That bolt is now discontinued. I was able to get one but in 6 months, a year, 5 years down the road, other solutions will need to be created. Just calling people trolls is not constructive. This site is good for reading, but not for participating in. Especially if you question the dogma.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Ya, we know who you mean. He's a little eccentric and a stickler for details, LOTS of details. Doesn't make him bad, just a stickler. Don't paint us all with the same brush.

We do have a lot of knowledge , just not all of it :biggrin:

Upvote 0

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Not going to disagree with you on that one. He can came off like that. I am fairly certain its not to talk down to you (or anyone else), its just kind of the creed we have learned with working on these trucks for the last 20 years (15 for me). Its all in the details, which some of us are stickler's for.

I would have talked to you in the same tone if it was something in regards to what I know for the XUV GMT. There are very few around that have my knowledge for that (What @Mooseman refers to as the "resident smee"). And what I dont know, I defer to the next person, aka @Mooseman @mrrsm @TJBaker57 and whoever else. (although I will admit, I sometimes guess... And @Mooseman is usually first to tell me I am wrong! LOL)

In-between us all, we have done it, or have done it many times.

Not trying to talk down about that other site, but their "mass" of knowledge doesnt usually amount to much of a ant hill.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
And sometimes, when an answer is not being posted, it's not for not wanting to post, it's likely nobody has the answer.

Upvote 0

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Not going to beg you to stick around; if you think 'the other site' is better for you, good luck finding anything current there, as most of their userbase is now... here. :grouphug:

I will, however, point out that there is an 'ignore' feature, and I do use it with a couple of profiles on the site (not the same ones you apparently have an issue with, but to each his own.)

Best wishes to you, whichever path you choose to travel down.

On edit: I took the liberty of scanning your posts; I'm not here daily, and my expertise / experience is with the V8, since I don't have a 4.2L. But after taking a cursory view, my first thought is to suggest an ARP option, as those can be reused w/o fear. I have one in my Sierra and much prefer it to the OEM option / procedure. ARP may / may not make the bolt in mass production as a standard offering (the curse of the LL8 being an orphan), but I'm pretty sure they'd be able to make one. Might cost a pretty penny, but it would be an option.

Anyway, that's my .02 on the matter, for better or worse.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

KWG2005

Original poster
Sep 6, 2023
Nashville
Thanks. I'm grateful for the kind words here. I am not "switching" to the other site. I just have to realize with any form of anonymous communication, there will be certain personalities to deal with. I think this keeps a lot of people in "lurking" mode and not participating. I have a social streak and want to be part of community, but always get disappointed.

Upvote 0

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
To add a bit of context to your thought process there... You think we are bad...

The Volvo forums... I think most of those guys have butlers or something. I imagine the BMW or Benz sites are the same way.

Some of the Specialty Sports forums are bloody asinine asshats.

The Can-Am/Bombardier forums... I live my life on a budget... Having kids will do that. But to them... I have a 15 year old Can-Am Renegade. It still puts a smile on my face when I ride it. But to them, I am just Riff-Raff.

The only way to explain it is Pinky in the air.. Does that make sense? Guys complaining that their 6 month old sled has 100 miles on it, and its old... What?

Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online