Ratchet
8mm and 10mm Socket. might need an extention
Dremel
Drill
Teflon Tape
Sharpie Marker
Wrench to tighten the Brass Fitting
Tongue-and-groove pliers to tighten PVC Fitting
3/4" Drill Bit(Might be Different, I sized mine up)
1/4" Drill Bit(Might be different, I sized mine up)
Small Screw driver

Items needed to make CAI:
1) 3/16 in. x 1/4 in. Brass Barb x MIP
1) 1/2 in. x 1/2in PVC Barb x MIP
1) 12" Schedule 30 3" ID PVC Pipe(3.25" OD)
1) Coupler that will fit over the Schedule 30 3" ID PVC Pipe(3.25" OD) it will fit over the Throttle Body as well
1) 2' 3/16" Rubber Hose(has to fit 3/16 in. x 1/4 in. Brass Barb x MIP)
1) 1' 1/2" Rubber Hose (has to fit 1/2 in. x 1/2in PVC Barb x MIP)

Legend:
Blue 10mm Socket
Red 8mm Socket
Green 1/2" Rubber Hose
White 3/16" Rubber Hose

Ok Lets Start!

Step 1.) Start by removing the Air Intake Resenator. Unbolt the following Screws:
After you have unbolted the bolt in picture 1 below remove the accordion style stock hose from the Air Resenator! Then proceed to unbolt the rest.
8mm.jpg

8mm2.jpg

10mm.jpg

10mm2.jpg

Make sure to unclip the brown clip that holds the IAT wires.
10mm2.jpg

Remove this connection as well
THisConnection.jpg

Step 2.) Take the 12" PVC pipe and cut it around 6 3/4"

Step 3.) Go to your truck and attach the coupler to the Trottle Body. Once thats done insert the 6 3/4" cut PVC pipe. Your going to want to take some time and make sure you fit the PVC exactly where you want it. Make sure that a good 1-3 inches of the PVC are inside the coupler. Make sure you also attach the accordion style stock hose that runs from the Air Filter, to the PVC Pipe. Snug them down so that they will stay.

Step 4.) Take the Sharpie marker and mark where you want to drill the holes for the PVC and Brass fittings.

Step 5.) Once you marked where you wanna drill, drill the holes. MAKE SUREthat you find a drill bit that will drill a hole big enough to fit the PVC and Brass Fittings. I just have listed what drill bits I used, yours may vary. I recommend that you test drill bits usind a peice of wood insted of the PVC.

Step 6.) Now take your dremel and smooth out the holes. When I used the 3/4" drill bit It was just a tad small for the 1/2 in. x 1/2in PVC Barb x MIP so I had to use a dremel and sand it down to get it to fit. You might not have that problem but I did. The 3/16 in. x 1/4 in. Brass Barb x MIP
fit like a charm for me. NOTE: Make sure you sand down the top of the holes the same goes on the inside of the PVC.

NOTE: Make sure you clean the PVC Pipe out. Get ALL of the plastic particles. You dont want your engine to suck up the Plastic Peices now do you??

Step 7.) Now take the Teflon Tape and wrap the threads on the 1/2 in. x 1/2in PVC Barb x MIP and 3/16 in. x 1/4 in. Brass Barb x MIP and install into the PVC Pipe. I used a Wrench to Install the Brass fitting and Tongue-and-groove pliers to install the PVC fitting.

Step 8.) Boil up some water. Once boiled pour some into a coffee cup and stick the Rubber Hose into the boiling water. Let it sit for a while.

Step 9.) Attach the Rubber hose to the proper fittings on the PVC Pipe 1/2in to 1/2in and 3/16in to 3/16in.

Step 10.) Go back to your truck and install the PVC Pipe as done in Step 3. Tighten everything down. You will just need the 8mm socket to install.

Step 11.) Take the hoses and install like shown in this picture:
phpWsGdemPM.jpg

Step 12.) Clean up your mess and your done!!

Make sure that you keep your Air Resenator.

Difficulty:Easy
Estimated Time: 30 minutes - 1 1/2Hours
Part Numbers: Varies
Cost: $15-$25

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
Please fill out this information:

Summary:
How-To: Cold Air Inatake IAT Sensor Version
Vehicle:
Difficulty:
Estimated Time:
Part Numbers:
Cost:

Cable810

Original poster
Dec 5, 2011
Vehicle: Any Trailblazer with IAT Sensor
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Estimated Time: 30 minutes to 1 hour
Part Numbers: Varies
Cost: $15-$30

paul2005tb

Nov 26, 2014
Massachusetts
Great set up. One question: Why did you use brass barbs and not rather glue in PVC barbs instead?

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
I used a brass barb as well due to getting it from work for free, no PVC barbs available. Cut the threads of the barb and attached it to the PVC pipe with JB Weld. User preference.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online