high pitched noise in low gear on 03 envoy

hommer

Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
hi all eastern Canada trailblazer and envoy owners....recently i noticed a high pitched noise in low gear (sounding like a mac truck shifting gears beside me) it comes and goes but it is tied into the engines rpm i dont know if it is the transmission or if it is engine related, heard it could be the idler pulley ,a stuck clutch fan or transmission shell gear ...would appreciate any feedback on this issue ....03 gmc envoy sle xl

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Do you mean L on the transmission, ot LOW range on the transfer case?

It's easy to distinguish engine from driveline noises by getting rolling, get it to make the noise, then switch to neutral and coast.

You'd also get better response since this is a tech question, not regional. Let me move the thread.

Also, what's your mileage and any maintenance history? Up to date on fluids, especially the ultra-critical 50K miles (80K KM) for transfer case fluid?

hommer

Original poster
Nov 7, 2012
i have about 250 k on my envoy the noise comes and goes and i really havnt had the time to try to track down this noise but it at times revs to high in 1st gear before it shifts to second . The fluid levels are ok and i had a transmission flush a year ago. when i stopped the vechle when it was making this noise i put it in park and reved it and it was still there but after driving and shifting into second it goes away .i dont notice any perfomance issues when it does this other than that noise ...thanks for the reply ...hommer

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online