High Flow Catalytic Converters?

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Looking at high flow catalytic converters for my 02 ls. Can anyone recommend a brand or a specific model? Just wanna increase the performance a tad, maybe get the exhaust to sound a little better. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks guys!

CaptainXL

Dec 4, 2011
CDJuda said:
Looking for a high flow cat back exhaust for my 02 ls. Can anyone recommend a brand or a specific model? Just wanna increase the performance a tad, maybe get the exhaust to sound a little better. Any feedback is appreciated, thanks guys!

I fixed your question. Replacement converters won't alter the sound much. That's the job of the muffler and resonator. Our converters are already high flow. Now if your catalytic converter needs replacing due to being clogged then that's another question. Magnaflow has good stuff that won't cost a ton.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
CaptainXL said:
I fixed your question. Replacement converters won't alter the sound much. That's the job of the muffler and resonator. Our converters are already high flow. Now if your catalytic converter needs replacing due to being clogged then that's another question. Magnaflow has good stuff that won't cost a ton.

I agree with everything CaptainXL said. I ran a magnaflow cat with much success before my current build

CDJuda

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Hmmm any chance you would know if I can get a descent set of headers somewhere? I know kooks makes a set but their like 1000 dollars... Which for like a 15-horsepower gain, is not very cost efficient.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
CDJuda said:
Hmmm any chance you would know if I can get a descent set of headers somewhere? I know kooks makes a set but their like 1000 dollars... Which for like a 15-horsepower gain, is not very cost efficient.

other than custom fabbed I really havent heard of any recently :/

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online