hid headlight kit

SBUBandit

Dec 5, 2011
I have had HID in my TB for 3 years, no problems ever. Even my old 99 Taurus has HID, and every car I get in the future will have them too, cause once you start driving with HID, anything else sucks. After I put them in the truck, I had to put them in the car, cause i pretty much refused to drive the car at night when the trucks lighting was so much safer on back roads.

I run a 6000K VVME kit in the lows, with Jetttstreams DRL eliminator and quad lights. Silverstar Ultra in the high beams. The Taurus has 4300K Bi-xenons

GregT

Original poster
Jan 12, 2012
Blckshdw said:
With HIDs, you can't run them at the 70% pulsed cycle that our vehicles output. You either have to run them at 100% or 0%, otherwise you'll burn out your ballasts or relay harness from the repeated on/off/on/off signal from the DRLs.

I know about using 100% or 0% power just saying using 100% power during the day is goffy. I already decided hid isn't for me

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
GregT said:
I know about using 100% or 0% power just saying using 100% power during the day is goffy. I already decided hid isn't for me

ooh c'mon bro :raspberry:

but seriously, i can understand the cconfusion, etc... i was a skeptic at first as well... but you have all the facts right here... once i put HID's in my SS, i havent looked back.. ALL of my vehicles will have HID's from here on out... hands down, betterr light output.. and when done correctly, you will have zero issues, and nobody will be pissed at you for "too bright" of a headlight...

let us know if you have any other concerrns, or need to be perrsuaded some more :thumbsup:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Boricua SS said:
ooh c'mon bro :raspberry:

but seriously, i can understand the cconfusion, etc... i was a skeptic at first as well... but you have all the facts right here... once i put HID's in my SS, i havent looked back.. ALL of my vehicles will have HID's from here on out... hands down, betterr light output.. and when done correctly, you will have zero issues, and nobody will be pissed at you for "too bright" of a headlight...

let us know if you have any other concerrns, or need to be perrsuaded some more :thumbsup:

Same here!! Worth every penny! Not only look better on the truck but you can actually see at night lol cannot imagine driving without them now!

03envoy

Dec 25, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
I highly recommend DDM tuning or VVME for HID kits! They seem to work the best and many of us on here use them with no problems! DDM is a lifetime warranty and VVME is a year. I have DDM and they have been great! Get a Relay harness!! That will save a lot of money in the future and headaches :thumbsup:

Yes you do need to kill the DRL's! Those are HID's killers lol many ways to kill the DRL! You can do a DRL killer, a cap mod to make the DRLs 100% power or you can manually turn them off everytime you get into the truck to drive like I do, hit the dome light button 3-4 times before driving and the DRL's are gone for that drive. Once truck is turned off and back on got to do that again.

What size capaciter is use for this mod? and you just splice it in to the pink wire right? Thanks

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpepmeie