HELP Trying to install marks lift... LCA wont lower??

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
So ive been researching how to install the lift. sounds easy right...well not my truck. for some reason my lower control arm will not drop down (to accommodate the longer strut assembly). i attached a pic of what i think the issue is. the long vertical screw seems to be absent on all other tbs i find online, and other how to videos (the part that is different) gets removed for the install. :redface::confused: any help is appreciated :smile:

Attachments

• ghfd.jpg
    ghfd.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 26

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
kmg73106 said:
So ive been researching how to install the lift. sounds easy right...well not my truck. for some reason my lower control arm will not drop down (to accommodate the longer strut assembly). i attached a pic of what i think the issue is. the long vertical screw seems to be absent on all other tbs i find online, and other how to videos (the part that is different) gets removed for the install. :redface::confused: any help is appreciated :smile:

That's supposed to be where your Sway bar end links go....I think your missing one? That's what the long bolt is.

View attachment 26248

Attachments

• 2010-02-28_035229_Trailblazer-Front-Stabilizer-Link.JPG
    2010-02-28_035229_Trailblazer-Front-Stabilizer-Link.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 204

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
i hope im not missing one, well i dont think i am it just seems like my tb '08 has a different set up then the rest of them...

Phantom

Jun 17, 2012
kmg73106 said:

If my research is right, it is a stabilizer shaft. the 08-09 360's ect had those.
25784241 ST1 LINK,FRT STAB SHF
25784241 - GM LINK
Maybe Someone else has any other ideas

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
kmg73106 said:
i hope im not missing one, well i dont think i am it just seems like my tb '08 has a different set up then the rest of them...

Well according to my husband I was wrong :tongue: I just know that on the older trucks we have links and not shafts.

I guess at that rate cut it off? Beat it? Maybe some PB blaster over night to loosen the bolt?

I'm so glad I chose the 2003 and nothing newer :raspberry:

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Thanks....the bolt is not stuck on..im just afraid to mess with it cause I dont know what it is...I dont wanna mess any thing up

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
Nothing will be messed up by unhooking it. He'll I took my whole front sway bar off and threw it away. A lot of guys don't run them or run quick disconnects.

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
Thanks...ill give that a try tomorrow. ..ill let u guys know how I works out :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks...ill give that a try tomorrow. ..ill let u guys know how I works out :smile:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I think MIke is right that is just your sway bar end links. They must have changed between 06 and 08.
Maybe they are better because our versions are known to wear out and clunk around. Yours looks like they might have replaceable bushings.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Those are sway bar end links. Same design as a lot of other vehicles have. I'm not sure why GM didn't do that in the first place with the 02-07 years as they are simpler, cheaper, and don't wear out constantly like the ball joint design of the earlier years. Maybe because it is far easier to overtighten that design vs the ball joint ones.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Yep, those are the same sway bar link designs the Pontiacs have. I know since I had to replace my girlfriend's. Their dirt cheap too. By the way kmg73106, it looks like your sway bar bushing in front needs some changing too... :raspberry:

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
So i figured out that in order to lower the LCA i needed to unbolt both sway bar links. :biggrin: well i do all that and then i fint the screw on my shock is rusted and ready to break, so i just ordered some Bilsteins:wootwoot:.. and seanpooh thanks or the tip! new bushings for me! also thanks everyone for the help

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
I hope you used shockwarehouse.com to buy the shocks. They have a $10 off coupon (I just got the email today). :thumbsup:

AV8ER

Apr 19, 2012
kmg73106 said:
So i figured out that in order to lower the LCA i needed to unbolt both sway bar links. :biggrin: well i do all that and then i fint the screw on my shock is rusted and ready to break, so i just ordered some Bilsteins:wootwoot:.. and seanpooh thanks or the tip! new bushings for me! also thanks everyone for the help

You will like the Bilsteins!

kmg73106

Original poster
Feb 8, 2013
seanpooh said:
I hope you used shockwarehouse.com to buy the shocks. They have a $10 off coupon (I just got the email today). :thumbsup:

yup thats where i ordered them from,

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
When I swap my LCA I plan to upgrade to the 08 style so I can use the better simplified connects. Not sure why anyone would be glad they had the older style.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:
When I swap my LCA I plan to upgrade to the 08 style so I can use the better simplified connects. Not sure why anyone would be glad they had the older style.

You'd need a new bar too (though you probably already knew this)

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online