Hello

RDUNick

Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Good day everyone.

I'm a new member from North Carolina.

Recently joined GMTNation as I am in the market for a TB/Envoy.

I haven't bought one yet but wanted to start doing my research so that I can make the most educated purchase possible.

After reading through the forums for the past few days I feel that I have a much better grasp on some of the important things to keep an eye out for.

A question to ask from the other members. Is there a specific section to post for assistance in finding a vehicle? I didn't want to post such a request in the wrong section.

Cheers,

Nick

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
RDUNick said:
Good day everyone.

I'm a new member from North Carolina.

Recently joined GMTNation as I am in the market for a TB/Envoy.

I haven't bought one yet but wanted to start doing my research so that I can make the most educated purchase possible.

After reading through the forums for the past few days I feel that I have a much better grasp on some of the important things to keep an eye out for.

A question to ask from the other members. Is there a specific section to post for assistance in finding a vehicle? I didn't want to post such a request in the wrong section.

Cheers,

Nick

Let me preface this with the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 4.2 I6.

That being said, I fricking love my 5.3 V8 and I have owned both.

Also, welcome to the boards!

RDUNick

Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
dcmtnbkr said:
Let me preface this with the fact that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the 4.2 I6.

That being said, I fricking love my 5.3 V8 and I have owned both.

Also, welcome to the boards!

Thanks for the welcome dcmtnbkr.

From what I've read the 4.2 I6 sounds like a very capable engine but if I had my choice I would go with the 5.3 V8 as well. I wouldn't lose any sleep over not having it though.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
ConeKilrAutoX said:
welcome to the nation! both the v8 and the i6 are capable

says the man installing a turbo :tongue:

(on a side note, i'm watching your thread in anticipation, can't wait til it's finished)

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
There are general items to look for or watch out for.

I think the first question will be if you are an avid off-road person going where no man (person) has gone before, or a 4x4 enthusiast.

Second question is your level of DIY. You'll enjoy the help you can get and opinion on whether something is over your head.

Before we purchased our '03, I asked the same questions you are and got a ton of great information. Some of that great information scared the heck out of me due to all the items people included in what to watch out for. Made me really gun shy for a while.. Then I asked about all the things the owners love and got a very good comfortable feeling. We now own one and love it!

Welcome!

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation :thumbsup:. Another thumps up for the 5.3 power and fuel economy. I love my Denali options and the black leather interior. If your into modding, the Trailblazer seams to have more aftermarket choices than the Envoy does. Robbabob ended up with a nice ride and Phantom just got a nice looking dark green LTZ TB. Looking forward to see what you end up with.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Howdy

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Welcome to the Nation! Good to have another Southeastern on the forums! :thumbsup:

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
Wecome.

what do you plan to do with the vehicle?

how many kids, how big is the trailer, how far to the in-laws' house?

do you want a toy or a daily driver, or both?

I thought I had a truck, turns out I have a hobby.

Robbabob

Dec 10, 2012
In the case of what to look for before buying, study this thread with a grain of salt as every little item is pointed out. Be sure to read the second thread below.

http://gmtnation.com/f23/considering-trailblazer-all-wheel-drive-4x4-what-expect-5887/

After I got a little cold feet, I ask a question on who is happy and here are the replies:

http://gmtnation.com/f23/if-youre-happy-your-trailblazer-throttle-body-envoy-let-me-know-5905/

You'll have plenty to look for and plenty to be happy about when you find the right one.

Enjoy and stick around! :thumbsup:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Welcome to the Nation!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online