Hello

Aloicious

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
Hey everyone, so I'm new around here. I actually own and operate GM Truck central, and I'm a mod over on GMT400, and Im around with some of the full size forums like pacific performance engineering's forum, over on the EFILive forums, several other places...

I work with alot of full size trucks, lots of performance and modification/fabrication stuff...but I wanted to do some learning/reading on some of the other GMT platforms that I'm less familiar with, looks like you guys have some good info on the trailblazers, envoys, etc, so I figured I'd join up.

I own a 1996 C1500 full size truck with a 5.7L 350 (gen1e Vortec L31), that I've done alot of work to, converted it to true MPFI with a custom intake manifold, I've swapped heads to RHS vortec heads, ZZ4 cam, I swapped the original PCM to a 2002 12200411 PCM for expanded tuning ability and support, converted it from using the stock distributor to distributorless coil near plug with 8 LS2 coils, pulled the stock 4L60e auto and converted it to a manual 6 speed T56 transmission...did some stereo upgrades, etc, etc...I've got it running 4.88 gears on 28" tires (which is complementary to the trans gearing on the T56 with the double overdrive) with a detroit truetrac posi....headers, custom exhaust, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting....its a good truck, right now I'm building a forged twin turbo 383 to transplant into it, and am looking at doing a few other things.

anyways, thought I'd introduce myself.
take it easy folks

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Hiya! Yep - GMT360s is our specialty. 7 years for me at trailvoy.com, then the new owners (Vertical Scope) got us all fed up with ads and neglect of the community, and poof, overnight all the mods and volunteer admins moved over here and the curtain fell on trailvoy. Greedy bastids.

Aloicious

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
the roadie said:
Hiya! Yep - GMT360s is our specialty. 7 years for me at trailvoy.com, then the new owners (Vertical Scope) got us all fed up with ads and neglect of the community, and poof, overnight all the mods and volunteer admins moved over here and the curtain fell on trailvoy. Greedy bastids.

yeah I was kinda reading up on what the deal was between TV and here, I was never over on trailvoy but I knew about it. that sucks with the whole situation, but this seems like a good place, I like that you're business friendly, I try to be that way over on my site too, we're all enthusiasts just trying to help each other out, I never understood the whole 'competition' mindset between forums. but 'eh, whatever....

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! It sounds like you have a really nice truck :thumbsup:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Aloicious said:
I own a 1996 C1500 full size truck with a 5.7L 350 (gen1e Vortec L31), that I've done alot of work to, converted it to true MPFI with a custom intake manifold, I've swapped heads to RHS vortec heads, ZZ4 cam, I swapped the original PCM to a 2002 12200411 PCM for expanded tuning ability and support, converted it from using the stock distributor to distributorless coil near plug with 8 LS2 coils, pulled the stock 4L60e auto and converted it to a manual 6 speed T56 transmission...did some stereo upgrades, etc, etc...I've got it running 4.88 gears on 28" tires (which is complementary to the trans gearing on the T56 with the double overdrive) with a detroit truetrac posi....headers, custom exhaust, and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting....its a good truck, right now I'm building a forged twin turbo 383 to transplant into it, and am looking at doing a few other things.

Welcome to the site!:cool:

That sounds like a bad ass 1500. I'd love to see that....got any links to a build log?

Aloicious

Original poster
Dec 28, 2012
thanks guys,

May03LT - yeah its a fun truck, I don't really have a specific build thread for it, I just kinda did things here and there. I have written a couple articles on some of the stuff I've done to it though.
here's the T56 swap:
4L60e to T56 Swap - GM Truck Central

here's the distributorless coil near plug and LS2 coils setup:
Small Block Chevy 24x Coil Near Plug Conversion - GM Truck Central

the 411 PCM swap:
12200411 PCM swap - GM Truck Central

those are the main ones I've published at this point, I've got a thread about the twin turbo 383 build going on here:
1996 L31 twin turbo project
but it hasn't had much updates in a little while, I'm working with a few vendors and sponsors currently, so depending on how that goes may change how the course of the build ends up. but I've already got the turbos, exhaust manifolds, block, and a few various parts for the build already collected.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I'm late as always, but Welcome to the Nation.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online