heater core replacment how tos?

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
looking for a how to with pics...seen a partial one for a gmc on os but nothing for the tb.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Nobody's ever done a thread. Edited: I was wrong. How could I have forgotten the definitive thread on the subject. Probably because it was on Trailvoy. I love that guy's writing! The manuals may help. As the joke goes, when they build a vehicle, they put the heater core on a little pedestal. And every other part hangs off of and hides it.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Reactions: Daniel417

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
is the a/c going to have to be taken apart as well? for the heater core replacment?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Yes, same deal as changing the evaporator. You have to remove the complete HVAC assembly to get to the heater core and the evaporator.

LordBear

Original poster
Dec 22, 2011
any idea on the correct part number or part for the heater core..when looking i see a few different models that say they go to my tb.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
LordBear said:
any idea on the correct part number or part for the heater core..when looking i see a few different models that say they go to my tb.

52495721 is what I got from the old site parts list for an 02. It looks like that number is outdated, but Rockauto still has it
noted as an alternate part number for the cores they have listed there. The other numbers you're seeing might be from
rear core listings.

Good Luck!

Chris

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
33chevyrod

Members Online