HAI or Back to stock?

Grimor

Original poster
Mar 28, 2013
I bought a Metal K&N CAI (HAI) and kinda got stuck with it (shipping/restocking fees too high to bother with returning) I figured that while I had it, I might as well install it.

Looking at the temps of the Intake, it does get pretty hot sitting or at low speeds, but only a bit over ambient temps over 40mph. (I should of went with the cheaper plastic pipe regardless)

I have insulating wrap and tape, so I figure I'd do some testing with wrapped and unwrapped intake temps. But in the long run, I'm thinking about just going back to the stock air box with a new filter. My only question, there is a hose that needed cut to go to the K&N... Where does it go and what's it called to get a replacement?

Any thoughts on going back to the stock air box?
View attachment 27478

Attachments

• kn1.jpg
    kn1.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 9

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I need to replace that on my 07 too. Been just letting ithang there for now.

BoldAdventure

Jun 28, 2012
THe K&N is garbage in it's design and the fact they used a one size fits all applications approach. Lazy engineering.

Should of got the Volant system:

enginebay.jpg

Even replaces the factory lid with a better one. Not made of metal and doesn't absorb as much heat. I've opened the hood after running the car to remove it and can touch it immediately.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Not to mention k/n filters are garbage on their own.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online