Greetings from Sweden

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Hey,

I'm a new owner to a 03 TB LTZ 4x4 since a couple a week ago. Bought it from a private seller and it had some trouble codes thrown (P0128, P172 & P0340). No codes at the moment but still have concerns regarding P0172.

Anyways, beside the TB I have two Saabs. A 9-5 2,3t '04 and a 9-3 2,0t BioPower '08. Naturally you might think why didn't I go with the 9-7? Well it's not sold here in Sweden and I do really like the look of the TB a lot more. I also have a Chevy Astro Van but it's about to go to the junk yard...

Happy that I found this forum before I bought the car, made it a lot easier to make a good decision when looking at the car initially.

HP Tuners on it's way and before I start tuning I'm going to make sure it runs really nice without problems.

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy yourself on the forum.

For the P0128 you need to replace your coolant temperature sensor. Not an extremely hard job, but does require removal of the alternator which can be a PITA to remove. The p0172 says you are running rich most likely due to the faulty coolant temperature sensor. Your gauge for coolant should be on or just a tick to the right of 210*. The P0340 sounds like your CPAS may need to either be cleaned or replaced. If you need any help, or guides on any of the above maintenance you can hear plenty of stories and personal experiences to help you along the journey.

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
blazinlow89 said:
Welcome aboard, hope you enjoy yourself on the forum.

For the P0128 you need to replace your coolant temperature sensor. Not an extremely hard job, but does require removal of the alternator which can be a PITA to remove. The p0172 says you are running rich most likely due to the faulty coolant temperature sensor. Your gauge for coolant should be on or just a tick to the right of 210*. The P0340 sounds like your CPAS may need to either be cleaned or replaced. If you need any help, or guides on any of the above maintenance you can hear plenty of stories and personal experiences to help you along the journey.

Thanks for the input. So what's been done to take care of the codes is replacement of both sensor and thermostat, temperature remains at 196-199 F(OBD readout) at an outside temp of 23*F. It won't get higher.

For the P0340 I have replaced the Camshaft Position Sensor which did the trick, the original one was actually intermittent. Haven't removed the CPAS yet...

Besides the trouble codes the wiring to the lift gate had two broken wires making the rear wiper, defroster and the license plate light not work.

Car has 16600 km on the ODO which is about 10500 miles. Just changed the Transfer Case fluid, anti freeze, diff oils, engine oil. Next up is the flash of the gear box.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin

jbacklund

Original poster
Dec 16, 2012
Hey,

Changed to the recommended plugs and did the O2 sensor as well. Old O2 sensor was a bit lazy compared to the new one acutally.

Have also replaced air filter.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Welcome to GMTNation! Your gonna love it here, great community, great people, and tons of info :thumbsup:

Harpo

Dec 4, 2011
Sweden
Välkommen i gänget!!

location in Sweden??

//Janne

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
welcome :tiphat:

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
I'm late as always, but Welcome to the Nation.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chris Moore

Members Online