Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max All seasons

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Hey guys!
Been a while since Ive been on and a while since I have posted.
This upcoming summer makes it one year since I bought my saab 9-7x 4.2i. What can I say? I love this thing! Truck is phenominal, and has gotten me out of some pretty deep snow, mud and heavy rain. Its done it all. I feel that the tires I have can attribute to how great the truck performs. I currently have Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max All seasons on my 18 inch rims. I love them! After some of the snow, and mud ive gone through, I will never purchase a different tire. These things are amazing. I do not have one complaint with these tires.
I'll never forget, I was driving too buffalo from the NYC area. About midway through I decided to take a random exit and see where it leads me(8hours of driving on highways gets boring). About 10 minutes into the drive, I wandered into no mans land New York. Huge mountains, big streams, and of course no cell phone service.
It was still winter, and the water was frozen. I saw what appeared to be a little ditch on the side of the road and figured, "hey why not?". Ditch looked nice and shallow, with some mud. I started to get my drivers side into the ditch from the road. It was pretty steep, and did not realize that until, all of a sudden I feel a huge slip, and my truck is pretty deep into this "not-so-shallow" ditch. To make matters worse was the amount of room between my chassis and the road. Since the ditch was so steep, it was almost touching the ground.
I went forward, and of course the ditch is getting deeper. To add to the situation, there was a half in to a inch layer of ice in ditch. So I moved forward, because the truck was going nowhere backwards. To my surprise I still had traction. Luckily, the ditch was on the side of the bottom of this steep cliff, so there were rocks to my left hand side. I still had to drive up about 15 more feet to reach these rocks, so I kept driving on. The ditch was filled with tree branches, nice sized rocks, and very thick mud. I finally got to the rocks, and was able to cut my wheel hard to the left, and get my truck up on the rocks. I then cut it very hard to the right and gave it gas, and finally managed to escape the muddy depths of this ditch! The only thing that was damaged from this incident, was the plasti dip on my wheels. They got pretty torn up.
Moral of the story? 1) Never drive in a muddy ditch in no cell phone service zone, 2) This awd is pretty good and 3) These all season tires are kick a*@!!
I urge anyone whose looking for a new set of tires to try these out. You will never regret it!! I've put 10,000 miles on her, mostly highway and she still rides awesome with these tires. Tread is equal on all tires, and still has a good amount of tread left! BUY THESE TIRES!!!

MrFrodo

Apr 13, 2012
These look like pretty nice tires. I'm in the market for a set of replacement 245/65-17 for my Envoy XL. How noisy are they? I'm in Houston - they'll only be used on-road and just rain, no snow here. Think they are a good choice?

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
MrFrodo said:
These look like pretty nice tires. I'm in the market for a set of replacement 245/65-17 for my Envoy XL. How noisy are they? I'm in Houston - they'll only be used on-road and just rain, no snow here. Think they are a good choice?

Yeah man. They are quiet and they are great in the rain. Good traction, and stopping distance. I would highly recommend these tires. I think you'll love them. I love mine.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlyatauction

Members Online