Getting rid of Intake resonator

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Hello, I am looking into takibg out my intake res, I was changing the plugs today, and i was looking at this stupid thing and all it does is try and quiet the intake right? I mean 2 of the coils of the plugs are exposed so when i do remove this do I need to mock something up to protect these? I dont think I do correct? Also for the crankcase tube, I would put a small intake filter on that. Does it look like a go? Thank you!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
You also need a vacuum source for the fuel pressure regulator.

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Correct me if I am wrong, Thats the hose connected to the front side of the resonator box? Any ideas on how to connect it? Its a very small short tube...? Thank you!

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
When you remove the resonator, you need to add a tube to connect the tb and the existing hose from the air cleaner.

Drill and tap a hole in that tube, for a connector that fits the FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) vacuum hose. Or you can get a glue in type.

Vacuum connectors should be available at auto parts stores.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
+1 for removing it. My wife's cold air intake bypassed it and I love the added sound that we got! :thumbsup:

03envoy

Original poster
Dec 25, 2011
Thank you! Hey Regulator love your truck!

SteelCityFan

Jan 2, 2012
Did this to my tb, noticed no real mpg improvement but you can't beat the sound!

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

Trailshaman

Dec 7, 2011
I just did this mod to finish up my intake system. I also hollowed out the air box eillinated the other resanator and put a k&n filter on. I love the new sound. I reused the connectors off the old resanator. Then picked up new hose at pepboys.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moscoreli

Members Online