Front hub assy for trailblazer best ones out there

Spn39

Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
Hello everyone I am a new member here. I have 09 trailblazer with 84500 miles and I need to replace front hub assy due to the abs acting up right before income to a complete stop. This is my first time replacing hubs and just wondering what brand of hubs people have had good results with when they replaced theirs. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have watched a video from 1aauto.com and then looked at there parts. They had a set of brake pads(ceramic) rotors and front assy for both sides for 174 free shipping but they were out of stock. So just lookin for a good place to order quality parts. If I have to spend some
More money to get good parts then that is cool with me. Thanks ahead of time for all responses.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
I believe Timken gets the nod for the best front hub & bearing, can be found at Autozone. As far as brakes, my best luck has been with NAPA Ultra Premium rotors and Akebono ceramic pads.

I just would like to get a pad with more bite and I don't care about pad wear and dust, just don't want noise and rotor wear. Don't get me wrong, the Akebono is a fine pad.

tricguy007

Dec 7, 2011
Brakemotive on eBay sells an awsome setup with there drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads I run them on the voy and my Malibu SS it seems the hotter they get the faster The vehical stops (me and the wife r very spirited drivers)

jeffro312

Oct 4, 2012
East Haven,Ct
tricguy007 said:
Brakemotive on eBay sells an awsome setup with there drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads I run them on the voy and my Malibu SS it seems the hotter they get the faster The vehical stops (me and the wife r very spirited drivers)

Could just be my bad luck I have same slotted drilled rotors and ceramic pads. Rotors warped a year later again could be my own fault some how just saying

Wheel hubs get timken off Amazon great deal

Spn39

Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
jeffro312 said:
Could just be my bad luck I have same slotted drilled rotors and ceramic pads. Rotors warped a year later again could be my own fault some how just saying

Wheel hubs get timken off Amazon great deal

Just checked amazon on timken hubs. Do they come assembled or in pieces? The pic showed it all I'm pieces. Don't want that I am not that good of a DIYer. How bout Raybestos? Any experience with them? Thanks for ur reply never thought to check amazon.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
DO NOT get the cheap hubs, they'll be nothing but trouble. Good advice to go with the Timkin.

Spn39

Original poster
Apr 27, 2013
Wishbone said:
DO NOT get the cheap hubs, they'll be nothing but trouble. Good advice to go with the Timkin.

Ok I guess timkens it is unanimous. Thank u for ur advice. Ordering timkens tomm.

seanpooh

Jan 24, 2012
Yeah, Timkin has the thumbs up here. Just make sure when you receive them, make sure they are Timkens. There was a thread about AutoZone trying to sell a knock off at Timken's price. I know it is the real deal when the wheel studs have that purple painted tips. It's not conclusive but you could easily tell.

As for brakes, I got mine from PowerStop. They sell the whole set of drilled and slotted with brake pads (but don't use the pads...). Get them from RockAuto and get the 5% off.
I've had them for a year and they broke in well and I like them.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I have Timken hubs, the brake motive rotors, and auto zone duralast gold brake pads (lifetime warranty, they wear out get new ones for free). I havnt had a single issue since putting any of them on.

tblazerdude

Dec 4, 2011
Avoid ceramic pads if you want extra bite. A good set of semi-metallic pads will be what you want, if you tow, drive like a police officer, taxi cab driver, snow plow etc...

I have had a great deal of luck with the OEM pads for the truck, as well as Centric Fleet performance pads, if you are looking for a performance upgrade. On other vehicles, the Napa premium pads have served me well.

Also, slotted and or drilled rotors are NEVER recommended for use in salty conditions (winters in chicago). The salt/corrosion builds up in the slots/holes and eats the rotor from the inside out. If you only drive in the summer or live in an area where they don't use road salt, you should be alright.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fhendsbee

Members Online