Extra Lighting.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
Well I am picking up a Bull Bar for the truck (courtesy of my Fiance), I know some of you will roll your eyes. However for the places that I have been going or plan on going it should not interfere with my clearance up front. I am looking to add a set of lights to that as well as to an extra cross bar for the roof rack. I am set on a set of Hella 500 fog lights for the front (unless someone can sway my decision for some reason). I am looking at some lights for the rack now. I am trying to decide between these

Amazon.com: Navigator NV-1204" x 6" Clear Fog Light with Stone Guard and Cover: Automotive

or these

LED Work Light Lamp Off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 27W Round 30 Degree Round Spot Light - Amazon.com

with these on the outside of the rack

TaoTronics LED Work Light Lamp Off Road High Power ATV Jeep 4x4 Tractor 27W 60 Degree Flood Light - Amazon.com

I know its one extreme to the other as far as lighting type, however I think the LED's would be superior, finding covers seems to be an issue. Has anyone used the navigators?

Any other recommendations.

blazinlow89

Original poster
Jan 25, 2012
SBUBandit said:
Anyone else notice the sweet PVC bull bar on the Subaru in the pics on Amazon?

Could be my next mod.

I have decided to hold off an get LED's for the roof. I have a set of driving lights for the bull bar and a set of fog's that I am going to put in the bumper.

mcsteven

Apr 18, 2012
Wondered if anyone has thought of this...

I was thinking about getting a pair of these lamps, disassemble them, rough up the chrome, some Rustoleum followed by some low gloss black or very dark grey on all the outside surfaces. Some good silicone around the seals. And then replace the H3 bulbs with HIDs. The stock bulbs are 55W halogens. I'm looking at mounting them at the height of a bull bar. I'll also probably need some sort of conduit or other means to protect the connection, and then put the boxes for the HIDs just under the bumper.

$20 for two lamps
$30 for HID kit
$10+- for paint, sandpaper, silicone

For about $55 or $60 and a little sweat equity, you get custom painted lights sporting HID brightness.

6" Off-Road Light System

Any thoughts? Ideas? Has it been done before?

I've got a ton of ideas. Just need to fund them all.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online