Evaporative System Monitor

tr23

Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
Hello

My Code Reader is showing that the Evaporative System Monitor is not completing its checkout procedure, but I have no stored or pending DTCs showing up.

My code scanner does not seemto provide any information from the Evap system, but I could be misunderstanding some data. Does anyone have any ideas about how to begin ascertaining what part of the Evap system is failing the checkout procedure?

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
tr23 said:
Hello

My Code Reader is showing that the Evaporative System Monitor is not completing its checkout procedure, but I have no stored or pending DTCs showing up.

My code scanner does not seemto provide any information from the Evap system, but I could be misunderstanding some data. Does anyone have any ideas about how to begin ascertaining what part of the Evap system is failing the checkout procedure?

If you've recently erased codes, you'll probably have to get maybe 100 miles on the ODO before it either passes or fails. There are also other measures, I think like gas tank needing to be over 15% full but under 85%, within a certain temperature range (4 degrees celsius to 30 celsius), etc. etc. There are a couple different systems that do this kind of stuff, needing to be driven around. If you have no codes, it's pretty much just playing it by eye unless a code is thrown with something more specific.

tr23

Original poster
Jan 28, 2014
OK, that makes sense. We'll put some klicks on the Odo and wait for a stretch of days over 4C (might be a while....)

Thanks!

Oleachea

Feb 22, 2014
I had the same code after a transmission rebuild and I cleared and haven't heard from it since then.

IllogicTC

Dec 30, 2013
Not entirely sure the actual check requires those temperature ranges, but it does require a ton of crap like that before setting off a trouble code. The fuel thing is a certainty (I'd do between 1/4 and 3/4 tank just to be sure) and throttle has to be a certain this and other things that.... it's a lot of hookie dookie under there just to take care of gas vapors. Then again, gas vapors contain something like up to 150 chemicals (all the detergents, etc. plus stuff from refining) so I guess it makes sense.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgoldwing54

Members Online