Envoy two weeks later

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Yup we're on the same island just opposite sides haha. I have a friend with a TBSS, might try get him to come down if we do have a meet up one day.

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Took me all 13 hours of the night to get it dropped using the belltech kit and modified DJM UCAs. Most of the night was used to scrub and paint. Turned out okay I think. Just gotta get it aligned and then over to the safety office for my recon permit.
View attachment 27030

Attachments

• WP_000645.jpg
    WP_000645.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 30

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Looking good bro! Can't wait to get my FR 22's on this week haha. For alignment go down to Scotty's on Kam Highway in Aiea. He specializes in slammed cars and trucks, all they do is alignment and brakes. Highly recommended, one of the best if not the best alignment shop on the island.

Btw you should come check out Traffic Jams this saturday at Aloha Tower, I'll be there with my truck lol.

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:
For alignment go down to Scotty's on Kam Highway in Aiea. He specializes in slammed cars and trucks, all they do is alignment and brakes. Highly recommended, one of the best if not the best alignment shop on the island.

You were right, best on island probably. Definitely some cool dudes that I didn't mind jumping into my ride and taking it for a spin. They even checked my tire pressure which was 10 PSI over the max limit thanks to my dumbass gauge.
View attachment 27233

Attachments

• WP_000655.jpg
    WP_000655.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Looking good man, I think I gotta go back. Never got it realigned after I had my UCA's extended. We should meet up some time lol

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:
Looking good man, I think I gotta go back. Never got it realigned after I had my UCA's extended. We should meet up some time lol

Sounds like a dangerous idea for my pocket book. I'm gonna want a tune, FWCAI, eFans, exhaust, and more if I see/hear yours. Can't believe I haven't seen yours rollin' down the H-1 every now and then haha

BTW, I stopped by Exhaust Systems Hawaii just looking for a 4" tip to replace the resonator, they wanted $260. Finally found Rad Motorsports down the road from them and they said $120 for the same work. They couldn't fit me in right that moment so I think I'm just gonna get the tip from Summit and weld it myself...

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Haha I don't drive it very often any more, got my daily beater a 95 saturn. Use that for work and going to and from school. Normally only drive this around Kapolei or if me and some friends are going out.

If you can weld it, more better do it yourself. But yea good thing you at least stopped by Rad's their prices are way cheaper than ESH. Had them do my exhaust and super happy with how it turned out.

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Sorry to say that I still have the trashcan-like resonator under there... I've just been too busy and too lazy to cut it off and weld on a new tip. On the bright side, some new goodies have arrived in the mail! Hoping to get started this evening on the e-fan install, PCM swap, and FWI install. Tomorrow morning I'll do the security relearn as well as cut out the 4.25" hole where the washer tank used to be. If only I could figure out how/where to do the CASE relearn :undecided:

View attachment 29060

Attachments

• WP_000810.jpg
    WP_000810.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 12

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Had a good bit of progress done last night and again this morning. Got the e-fans, relay harness, and PCM installed late in the evening and cleaned the throttle body while I had everything apart. Followed up with the hole cutout for the FWI first thing in the morning. Used a Dremel since I didn't want to shell out the cash for a proper 4.25" hole maker, does the job and I'm not $40 poorer. Most stressful part of the day was the security relearn--darn thing didn't crank until the 4th cycle!

View attachment 15638
View attachment 15639
View attachment 15640
View attachment 29087
View attachment 29088

Had to reset the oil life indicator and I have a check engine light on but I imagine it's for the CASE relearn (code should have been disabled in the tune, though). CEL didn't stop me from taking her out for a quick drive :lipsrsealed: and BOY OH BOY does she growl real nice :eek: Bottom line, I'll be padding my bank account for all the speeding tickets I foresee me getting :biggrin:

Attachments

• WP_000820.jpg
    WP_000820.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 13
  • WP_000817.jpg
    WP_000817.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 13

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
tokahao said:
Had a good bit of progress done last night and again this morning. Got the e-fans, relay harness, and PCM installed late in the evening and cleaned the throttle body while I had everything apart. Followed up with the hole cutout for the FWI first thing in the morning. Used a Dremel since I didn't want to shell out the cash for a proper 4.25" hole maker, does the job and I'm not $40 poorer. Most stressful part of the day was the security relearn--darn thing didn't crank until the 4th cycle!

View attachment 15638
View attachment 15639
View attachment 15640
View attachment 15641
View attachment 15642

Had to reset the oil life indicator and I have a check engine light on but I imagine it's for the CASE relearn (code should have been disabled in the tune, though). CEL didn't stop me from taking her out for a quick drive :lipsrsealed: and BOY OH BOY does she growl real nice :eek: Bottom line, I'll be padding my bank account for all the speeding tickets I foresee me getting :biggrin:

Noticed a big difference on the tune? I just got a speeding ticket for 20 over the other night :sadcry:

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:
Noticed a big difference on the tune? I just got a speeding ticket for 20 over the other night :sadcry:

YEP, absolutely! I think the 1st owner did something because the speed limiter was removed. Even still, I love the #2 shift hardness, the throttle response, and the acceleration. The lady I married said "What the F*CK!" as I went WOT today on the way to Target. The six year old boy we have together said "Dad, the police are gonna get you" haha

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Just be careful lol. You're probably quite a bit quicker than me with all my sounds holding me down. Do you know if you have the 3.42 rear end or the 3.73?

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:
Just be careful lol. You're probably quite a bit quicker than me with all my sounds holding me down. Do you know if you have the 3.42 rear end or the 3.73?

Glove box has G80 followed by GT4, so I guess that means 3.73.

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
Pics of the intake put together. Not too happy with the non-horizontal angle coming from the throttle body but it has to be that way until I can wrap the radiator hose and somehow get the MAF sensor plug from touching.

View attachment 29092
View attachment 29093

Attachments

• WP_000834.jpg
    WP_000834.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 3
  • WP_000840.jpg
    WP_000840.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 3

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
And you got better gearing than me :sadcry:. Hopefully this helps, but if I remember correctly you can actually spin the middle section of the MAF sensor within the housing and still keep the tabs lined up on the silicone hose.

tokahao

Original poster
Dec 9, 2011
fr34kout said:

IDK, maybe. I have the XL and AWD so that adds a few more pounds I think. I been joking with the wife that I am going to lift the Voy since Hawaii roads are just pot-hole riddled. Right now ride quality has suffered tremendously from stock. Everything jostles and jiggles to the point where I'm afraid something is gonna vibrate loose. Even though I don't have sounds would you say that somesort of dampening like dynamat would help?

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Oh yea definitely. My ride is nice and quiet inside, no rattles or anything like that. But I went a little over board with the Second Skin.

fr34kout

Jan 6, 2012
Yea g80 is the code for the locking diffeential, gt4 is the code for 3.73 and gu6 is the code for 3.42 >.>

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danfromutah

Members Online