Engine #3 for the beaSSt...

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well.... i got the phone call yesturday and went up to the dealership today... and it is confirmed, i am getting yet another motor...

for those that dont know the back story, to sum it up, i spun a bearing on the original motor back in March of this year... Got the truck back in May, new motor had a knock in it (diesel knock.. inside joke for the midwest gang :raspberry:), so the dealership told me to drive it all summer and drop it back off when i parked her for the winter... Day after thanksgiving she goes to the dealership, then i get the call yesturday...

i have the GMPP extended warranty, so all was covered.. but here's the catch with them... the motor that is in my truck now, is not from GMPP... its from another company that GMPP has working for them.. and guess what... yep, im the guinea pig for the dealership and this company... FAIL! but this company came out and purposely had the dealership park the truck outside to get it "nice and cold" as they put it (temps have been in the low 20's, upper teens here lately)... so the adjuster had a video camera, and had them start the truck.. and he said the knock was out of this world and sounded like my chit was gonna gernade itself lol... then they get it on the lift, and listen underneath, and then look to see if i overheated the motor by looking for some tab or something thats on the block, and when it overheats, the solder melts away and this plug or plate or whatever is not on the block anymore.. so the adjuster took the video back to his company, and they just decided that instead of trouble shooting, to just take the old motor out, and get another one in... sooo.. back at zero miles again...

i dont know how to feel about this... but at least its all getting fixed for free :cool::wootwoot:.. oh... and the power steering pump just went out too lol... also getting fixed for free... thank God i bought the warranty...

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Damn that sucks man but hey hopefully the problem will be solved and BeaSSt will be back to normal.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
TexazReece said:
Damn that sucks man but hey hopefully the problem will be solved and BeaSSt will be back to normal.

thats what i said at first.. actually, i couldnt believe i was getting a new motor.. everyone that listened to it siad it was in the heads... guess not lol... i just hope this isnt a taste of things to come once the warranty expires in a few months...

Ed H said:
WOW! That is simply awesome. Congrats on the new motor (again)! :biggrin:

thank you :tiphat:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Hopefully this one is the cats arse and doesn't commit suicide!!

I would think that the motor would come with a 6 or 12 month warranty, so even if your extended ends you should be covered for a time.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Matt said:
Hopefully this one is the cats arse and doesn't commit suicide!!

I would think that the motor would come with a 6 or 12 month warranty, so even if your extended ends you should be covered for a time.

3 years warranty on a new motor I believe, I could be wrong but think that's what I have on mine.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
3 years warranty on a new motor I believe, I could be wrong but think that's what I have on mine.

Even better.:thumbsup:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
for F%*& sake man. WTH do you do to that poor thing lol. Just about everytime i see your truck you have a different motor in it.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Boricua SS said:
well.... i got the phone call yesturday and went up to the dealership today... and it is confirmed, i am getting yet another motor...

for those that dont know the back story, to sum it up, i spun a bearing on the original motor back in March of this year... Got the truck back in May, new motor had a knock in it (diesel knock.. inside joke for the midwest gang :raspberry:), so the dealership told me to drive it all summer and drop it back off when i parked her for the winter... Day after thanksgiving she goes to the dealership, then i get the call yesturday...

i have the GMPP extended warranty, so all was covered.. but here's the catch with them... the motor that is in my truck now, is not from GMPP... its from another company that GMPP has working for them.. and guess what... yep, im the guinea pig for the dealership and this company... FAIL! but this company came out and purposely had the dealership park the truck outside to get it "nice and cold" as they put it (temps have been in the low 20's, upper teens here lately)... so the adjuster had a video camera, and had them start the truck.. and he said the knock was out of this world and sounded like my chit was gonna gernade itself lol... then they get it on the lift, and listen underneath, and then look to see if i overheated the motor by looking for some tab or something thats on the block, and when it overheats, the solder melts away and this plug or plate or whatever is not on the block anymore.. so the adjuster took the video back to his company, and they just decided that instead of trouble shooting, to just take the old motor out, and get another one in... sooo.. back at zero miles again...

i dont know how to feel about this... but at least its all getting fixed for free :cool::wootwoot:.. oh... and the power steering pump just went out too lol... also getting fixed for free... thank God i bought the warranty...

That's awesome news! Guinea pig or not it's a new motor! Too bad you couldn't be a real guinea pig and have them drop an LS7 in there :biggrin:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Wow.
A new engine every year.
You could keep the beaSSt going for ever.
Hand it down to future generations.
A modern day "back to the future " car.
Trademark "beaSSt" now !

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If it makes you feel any better my old car had 4 engines in it. Original spun a bearing, replacement lasted only 10 months before failing (I blame the install as it was done wrong in so many way...don't get me started on that guy!), 3rd one was bad straight out of the box, 4th was a charm tho and ran forever.

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
third times a charm?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
They should give you a LS9 for your trouble.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
They should give you a LS9 for your trouble.

Then he would need a beefed up tranny. 4L80. An those aren't cheap. Stick with an ls2 and beef up your 4l70.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Hey now Joe!!! :hissyfit: lol... you heard the knock at the Midwest meet :rotfl:

but yes, there is a warranty for the new motor... now the question is, will i leave it stock :biggrin:.. i didnt buy my truck to drive it stock, just like most of you have modded :wootwoot:, but yes, hopefully third time is a charm... i would love an LS3 or 7 or 9, but im just as happy getting a new LS2... and who knows.. if everything goes according to plan, i either get rid of her all together, orrrrr.... she will be a different animal at the meets next year :lipsrsealed:

Mark20

Dec 6, 2011
Congratulations! Hoping this one runs smooth forever and ever.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Mark20 said:
Congratulations! Hoping this one runs smooth forever and ever.

I'll drink to that!! :Lager Louts:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well here's an update...

they got the new motor in already, and they have taken my old one out... said I'd have her back by this weekend.... this time around, they didnt take the body off the frame.. the took out the radiator, front support, etc... and then jsut pulled it out...

here are some pix...

old motor out...
imagejpeg_2_26-1.jpg

new motor waiting to go in... nice and shiny!!!
imagejpeg_2_27-1.jpg

ready for her new heart...
imagejpeg_2_25-1.jpg

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
Nice hope it all works out this time around

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
thx... i do too... because if it fails this time.. im afraid its the end of the line for the beaSSt... crashing market, gas prices, nobody thinking of a "performance" SUV, and im sure the carfax report will be a mile long now lol... i just want my beaSSt back to normal..

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It would be interesting if they did a partial tear-down to find out what the heck was going on.

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
It would be interesting if they did a partial tear-down to find out what the heck was going on.
'
i've asked that since day one... and i'll ask again when i go and pick her up :rotfl:

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i just want my beaSSt back to normal
No you don't. You want her back to the was she was. :wink:

Boricua SS

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:rotfl:

good catch my friend..

fadyasha

Dec 21, 2011
Bro sorry to hear you're still going through this! I've been off the grid for so long because of travel and work!

If you saw my other thread you'd know I'd been on a back luck stream myself lol! Hopefully it'll work out for you buddy!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online